This is a guide for those who need help with the flower boss, “Cagney Carnation”. Please feel free to tell me below if I missed anything, and I would be happy to put it into the guide (with credibility, obviously).
This boss is a bit more challenging than others, but after this guide, it should just be a little bit easier for you.
The boss is split up into 3 phases, each one becoming more brutal than the last. (Like with most game bosses).
Sidenote, make sure and use the “Chaser” weapon.
Other Cuphead Guides:
In Between Phases
- The flower will turn into a gatling gun and rain down seeds. Make sure and dodge these. There isnt a surefire way of dodging these, but I stayed on the ground and used the “Chaser” weapon to shoot down the oncoming seed monsters. This will help as the weapon should automatically kill them for you.
- The flower starts out by curling in its head, and pushing itself at you. It can be easily predicted by looking at where the head is aiming prior to the attack.
- The flower starts to shoot out various kinds of seed projectiles. Make sure and dodge as many of these as you can to save your health for the final phase.
- The boomerang will either shoot from the top or the bottom. Depending on which one, it will come out the other side. For example, if the boomerang comes at you from the top, it willl swing around back at the bottom. WATCH OUT FOR THIS.
- The flower will also shoot projectile carrot seeds. These are relativly easy to avoid, just make sure to dodge the other projectiles coming at you as well during this phase.
- The flower will seem to turn angry, and start growing roots from below you. Make sure to jump from platform to platform shooting the flower.
- During this phase, use your super at your own risk, as it might launch you into the roots, potentially killing you.
- Remember to also use the Chaser weapon so its easier to dodge and you wont have to always just focus fire while dodging. Which can get VERY tedious at times.