Before you play the Saints Row IV game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Don’t spend early-game money on increasing your stamina bar! A very early set of missions unlocks infinite stamina. Even though gliding and the dash ability burn stamina nonetheless, landing fully replenishes your stamina bar so you can just take massive bunny hops across Steelport.
- The good ending requires doing all the loyalty missions.
- Pretty much all of the “optional sidequests” require either store hacking or completing challenges; you’ll miss out on the radio requests if you’ve already completed them, but by and large they aren’t that interesting.
- Highly recommended that you not take the Tornado upgrade to your sprint. There’s no toggle for it, so you end up throwing everything in your wake the rest of the game if you select it and it’s very frustrating to sprint up to a hitman target only to send them flying halfway across the map, leading you to sprint to chase them down, to throw them again…
- Unless you grind like a WoW player, you won’t come even close to upgrading all the weapons. Don’t sweat it. On the other hand, you should be able to completely upgrade all the skills and powers by the end.
- If you just want to focus on a few guns, the fully upgraded Dubstep Gun’s probably the best for crowd control, the explosive auto shotgun practically instakills minibosses and vehicles, and dual assault rifles are a good fallback since you’ll always have ammo for them.
- The powers are funky, but not really needed. The fireball power will get you through the whole game.
- When a mission tells you to defend an objective, the enemies are rather lackadaisical about actually attacking it. If you’re taking a beating, head around a corner to recover, the objective will be fine.
- The key to Insurance Fraud missions is to stay in ragdoll mode for as long as you can at a stretch.