Before you play the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- There is no need to put points into luck. You will, no joking, collect magical luck crickets in rather fair abundance each of which gives you a passive bonus to luck which makes the need to pump up luck rather moot.
- When the moon phase is new (aka 0 moon) sometimes the random encounter you fight will be a horseman of the apocalypse. Until end game that might as well instantly say “game over” if you engage them so in lieu of that its often best to acquiesce to their demands. Typically this involves releasing a certain amount of luck crickets.
- You’ll meet a strange European at a church who grants quests. Complete all the ones you can and constantly be taking them.
- Unlike the first game, ammo is unlimited so gun play is less budget destroying.
- You should, like all SMT games, liberally abuse the living shit out enemies elemental weaknesses which is coincidentally what your gun is used for. In this games case it stunlocks enemies and is basically free kills when you do it.
- Like all SMT games constantly fusing demons rather than leveling you minions is the name of the game. Raido is pretty beefy so basically just bring enemies who can exploit weaknesses and hopefully heal you up.
- Unlike the predecessor there are no more random battles while wandering in town sweet jesus (Level 75, Divine Tree) so feel free to explore and what have you.
- Despite what the game may imply the only things that have any real influence on the ending you get are how you answer the final dungeons personality quiz. The things you do up to then can push dialog and such around but the final quiz section has such intense weighting it can invalidate anything you’ve done till then. There is no good or bad ending just an ending pushed by what you’ve decided is Raido’s personality type.