Before you play the Sid Meier's Civilization VI game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- A single luxury resource gives 4 amenities that get divided up among your cities with the amenities going to whichever city needs it most. Multiple copes of a luxury resource don't normally give any more amenities and should be traded away.
- Gold is highly useful, make sure to not neglect Harbors/Commercial Districts too much early on as they're the primary method of acquiring new Trade Routes for bringing in wealth and growing your new cities.
- Plan ahead with your district positions by checking the adjacency bonuses they get. A common example is placing a Campus and/or Holy Site on a tile surrounded by mountains, or a Harbor near coastal resources. Adjacencies also work between different cities, for example districts from two different cities can get a bonus from each other.
- Certain district buildings, primarily those from the Industrial and Entertainment districts, also provide (by default) a non-stacking bonus to cities within a 6-tile radius which can make those districts more useful when placed near multiple cities than in the outskirts.
- Don't forget about the ability to harvest features such as forests and bonus resources with Builders. For example plonking a district on a forest tile simply removes the forest without yielding anything, so it's always preferable to first use a Builder to remove the forest for the big one-time boost and then start district construction there.