Before you play the Silent Hill 2 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Patients are better avoided when you can.
- Your escort mission can be quick if you run to the building and she will spawn there in a cutscene.
- There was a hole here, but you won’t use it.
- Monsters live under the floor so you better run.
- Don’t keep shooting Pyramid Head when he retreats into the floor.
- At one point you cross the lake. Look at the letter after you do this.
- Play on normal gameplay and normal puzzle difficulty first playthrough. (extreme mode is seriously EXTREME!! There is literally a calculus puzzle on extreme)
- Avoid using bullets as much as possible.
- Learn to dodge enemies when running through the streets of Silent Hill.
- Save as much as possible via safepoints.
- Always check backalleys, benches, and nooks for health items and ammo.
- Recommend replaying the game because each ending is interesting and meaningful and you can miss a whole lot the first playthrough. There is a lot of depth in the silent hill 2 if you care about that kind of stuff.
- Also keep an eye on James’ head. He always looks at items that he passes. If he’s not looking straight ahead, then there’s something to collect in the general direction that he’s looking.
- The game can be easily cheesed with melee weapons because most enemies walk in straight lines and have close range attacks. Conserve your ammo when you can and just bash enemies in the head or simply avoid them when running through the streets.
- The exits to town are dead ends but usually include hints on where you’re supposed to go as well as ammo and items. If you’re lost then just explore and the game will eventually guide you to the correct path.
- The endings to SH2 are determined by a variety of factors I don’t want to spoil but the most important thing is to listen to a conversation that occurs at the very end of the game. You’ll be walking down a hallway while people are talking in the distance (it’s the only time it occurs actually). Listen to the entire thing before continuing.
- If you bump into a guy with a steel contraption on his head wielding a giant sword, it’s a good idea to run and don’t stop.