Before you play the Silent Hill 3 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- There is a point where you need to go to a "garage" early on to get an item, this is a mistranslation. It's actually in a storage room.
- The Hard puzzle difficulty is very challenging, requiring strong deductive logic, some outside knowledge, and the ability to figure out which parts have translation issues. Save it for a later playthrough.
- Beef Jerky is an item that can be used to temporarily distract some enemies. Opinions are divided on how effective it is.
- Body armor offers more protection but slows you down, so if you are decent at ducking and weaving you're better off without it.
Endings & Unlockables
- There are two main endings in SH3. Which you get is determined by how violent you are and how much you behave in the way the antagonist wants you to.
- There are a lot of unlockables in SH3; these are the main ones that aren't explained by the game.
- You unlock different weapons for future playthroughs by mostly using melee or firearms in a given run, and by finishing off the final boss with melee.
- The game includes some bonus cutscenes and references if you have a Silent Hill 2 save on file.
- After beating the game, you will be able to unlock a range of costumes for Heather using a password entry screen from the main menu. These were mostly originally promotional codes given away via magazines and events; look them up online. Some passwords are given by beating ingame completion requirements; their passwords work even without completing the unlock requirement.