Before you play the Sniper Elite 3 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Don’t underestimate the flint and tinder. If you put a fire right next to a red barrel, it’ll blow up just in time to catch the poor sap busy with checking out where that smoke is coming from.
- Mines, mines, mines. They require a specific mindset to use well but they’re the single best way of dealing with larger patrols and (more importantly) vehicles. You can theoretically blow up a vehicle by sniping but it’s a pain in the ass until you unlock AP bullets and even then it’s much easier to just drop a mine and watch the fireworks.
- Sniper Nests are nice but don’t feel restricted by them – a lot of the time being right below it works just as well.
- Armed vehicles will tear you up, but mines will tear them up easy. Plant them in their path, but be nowhere near them when planting.
- Remember that you can shoot drivers; this helps a lot when dealing with troop trucks.
- One of the trick shots you can do is to shoot the grenade on a soldier’s belt or that they’re holding.
- Panzerschrecks can be refilled infinitely if you have a nearby ammo box; this is key for some of the sequences.
- Keep an eye and ear out for generators; fucking them up will allow them to act as sound cover. You can shoot the small box generators from afar, but you have to go up and kick the larger ones.
- If you don’t have sound cover, you can get off a sniper shot without people noticing you, but you’ll need to clear your position before taking *any* other shots; do not take a second shot, even if the first didn’t kill your target. Shoot, move until your position is cleared, shoot again. This is pretty much necessary for some of the overwatch co-op maps.
- Always, always aim for a headshot with the silenced pistol, but if you don’t kill them with the first shot, you usually get a little leeway to try and finish the job with a few more shots.
- Watch for glints to spot enemy snipers, and keep in mind that they may move position too.
- Don’t forget you can use hold breath to get a target marker for sniping, but use it mainly for reference or key shots; it won’t help you when shit gets hot and you need to drop guys continuously.