Before you play the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- If you’re not a fan of the series, you probably won’t like it. If you only like Respawn, you probably won’t like it. If you like unlocking things or expect any sort of advancement, you probably won’t like it. If you played a map regularly with rounds and you enjoyed it, get in a clan and keep playing.
- If you can’t aim, you’ll never be good. If you can aim, use light armor on your body and legs because being quick and getting to advantageous positions is amazing. Also turn all the sensitivities way up, except the dead zone.
- Stop trying to knife everyone. Stop using the sniper because you think you’re cool if you can’t actually kill anything.
- Use this site for good clan competition but be prepared for extreme idiocy. Just play ladder games and stay away from the website and forums.
- Strafe, don’t jump to evade bullets.
- Most people will simply hold R1 until their clip ends (which happens quickly), so use cover until they are getting low on ammo and getting desperate, pop out and kill.
- Grenades are only useful for clearing rooms and when thrown from positions where you won’t get shot. Ignore flashbangs and smoke grenades unless you’re in a clan war with hostages.
- Don’t use the FAMAS. Seriously, don’t. I know it will get you kills, but you will suck with every other weapon. Everyone will hate you for it. Yes I know others are using it, but they are all giant tools. Use the IW, M4A1, or the HK as a commando, use the 552 or the AK47 as a mercenary.
- The only attachments you will ever need to use are: medium scope, high scope, suppressor 1, front grip (its usefulness is arguable).
- Use your mic. Use Skype with your clan for an exponential better time. Don’t use Skype in wars although most clans will (they shouldn’t).
- If you’re still reading and you are actually going to play this piece of shit of a game realize that it is in fact fun if you can get past how terrible Slant 6 is. Also realize that almost all of the people that still play it are veterans from the much more fun Socom 1 and 2 who will frequently tell you you suck.
- SOCOM has a very tight-knit userbase whom are used to migrating from sequel-to-sequel as the years go on. It’s been like this since SOCOM 1 (thank yearly sequelization of the series) and it will likely continue. So a lot of people playing online have been playing SOCOM for years and will be very good.
- The game is very polarizing because it’s strictly for hardcore online multiplayer with no respawns, death, frequently repeating maps and major emphasis on clans. That’s not to say it’s not fun, just don’t go in expecting a Call of Duty production.
Recommended for You
- None Found