Before you play the South Park: The Stick of Truth game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Play the game on hardcore unless you’ve never played an RPG before. Even then it’s super easy.
- If you care about collecting everything you’ll want a guide. About a 1/4 of the collectibles have a limited window. One achievement can be lost simply by talking to a character who appears once.
- On that note, anything you acquire is counted as collected even if you sell it. If you sell equipment you can buy it back at the sale price at any time from any shop so there’s literally no point keeping old equipment unless you’re going for the “don’t sell anything” achievement.
- The level cap is 15. You get one ability point per level so plan your abilities.
- The classes are more or less the same, their major difference is what debuffs they specialize in. Each class gets a few sets of unique equipment (doesn’t count towards collectibles) but every item in the game can be equipped regardless of class.
- Bleed can stack 5 times and is really good but late game enemies are immune. On the other hand, few enemies are immune to burn.
- When doing the farting tutorials, follow the onscreen prompt explicitly. This is especially important with the Sneaky Squeaker. I recommend playing with a controller on PC but when the game uses arrow prompts it means the actual arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Even if you save your game it doesn’t count until you hit a “checkpoint” which is any time the little bear-recorder appears in the bottom right corner. In other words, after saving your game don’t turn off the game until you leave the screen or see the icon.
- The final Timmy flag appears later in the game. Keep playing.
- Never, ever fart on a man’s balls.
- Don’t do the Al Gore questline until Day 3. It will turn into an annoyance that will only cease to be annoying if you win a very difficult fight, possibly the most difficult in the game. A good way to win said fight is with a lot of power potions and spamming Jimmy’s lullaby every turn to keep the Secret Service agents down.