Before you play the Spectral Souls: Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- You don't need recipes to synthesize items.
- The second you have a sagestone and a heart stone synthesize them into a vitality ring. The second you have a vitality ring and a sagestone synthesize them into a fortitude ring. The second you have spare EP upgrade your vitality rings to max (+25 vit).
- Vitality improves your total health only on level up and you will hit max level, hence you want to beeline the hell out of vitality rings
- You'll want every character you have to have minimum 40 speed by about level 40.
- Just keep putting points into strength. You'll want strength to be well over 50 by level 40.
- Mage, just put points into int.
- Do not raise luck. Do not think of raising luck.
- There are several very easily missed characters who if you have in your party the game gives you free EP and Party Points in special scenes. Look them up in a guide.
- Register only the first tier of each weapon tree (I.e. Silver Spear, Silver Sword, Gold Fingers) as those skills + Quad Attack (bought from the shop) are the only thing your party will ever use.
- Crush and that whole line of skills are 100% worthless.
- If you don't have the manual (aka bought a phone version of the game) you'll have to online to look up what the character traits you unlock actually do. Yes, its stupid.
- Certain party members die/leave your party forever. You will lose any party points you put on them. If this bothers you look up in a guide who dies. As a hint, it tends to happen to characters who require a lot of points to level up compared to other characters you have.
- Points at level up unspent are carried over to the next level up or the party point screen.
- Mages are only useful for healing unless you plan to pre-plan your entire character development. They are, very, very good at healing so you'll only need one.
- At level 25 and level 40 you'll have the option to change a characters class. Do so immediately as it gives you multiple level ups worth of stats for doing so, unlocks new character specials, and increases total AP/Mov distance.
- Damage reduction is flat, so there is never a reason to not just shoot for even bigger numbers. The cliff is also incredibly steep, you can be doing 1 damage a hit and then with 1 point more you'll deal 40 a hit and a few more after that 200ish a hit.
- The game throws defensive items on you like candy, while you can get better gear you'll compensate by having high vitality. Instead spend your precious EP on weapon upgrading and fortitude ring upgrading.