Before you play the Spiritfarer game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- On your map, there are a couple of areas marked off by a line, one in particular a blue one to the north west. You can't cross this at the start of the game. If you to try to plot a course through it, the game won't warn you, but at some point your ship will just stop, and sit around doing nothing till you figure it out. You'll need to back up and go somewhere else.
- When you're fishing (possibly some other points too) you might receive a bottle of glim. This is currency, but you don't actually get it until you go into your inventory and open the bottle. Same for a couple of other items. So keep checking your inventory. You'll need cash early on and you'll probably have enough if you check your inventory. Again, the game doesn't make this clear at all.
- You can put more than one item in anything by selecting it multiple times, even things like the oven where nothing says this is possible.
- In case it isn't obvious, the artbook is massive spoilers.
- Take your time and read (if you care). The journal is good for updating your current task but stuff that is meant to evoke emotions and stuff does not repeat.
- There are movement upgrades, if you can't get somewhere you might have to wait, some early areas have a chest behind late movement
- If you forget how to play your guitar, hold the button that opens your inventory. (Y on Xbox controllers)
- You can quickly tap reel when your rod is red to keep a fish from running away while your rod recovers.
- Some materials can only be gathered or crafted once you've found the right blueprint or done your job at the Everdoor. If you can't figure out where to get something, you'll probably have to do one of the two.
- You'll always be able to do minigames like jellyfish courses or lightning storms.