Before you play the Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Don’t bother going to planets with temperature above 400, weather above 4 or tectonics above 4. Don’t even go to a planet with a combination of any two or more that’s near that limit. The more crew you lose the higher the cost to replace them.
- As far resource gathering, don’t bother with anything that gives you less than 4 RUs.
- Upgrade your mothership’s turning first. It makes navigation a billion times easier and even if you don’t upgrade the speed you can at least escape from enemies chasing you because you don’t turn like a tractor trailer.
- As soon as you reactivate the Earth space station fly to Pluto.
- Talk to the Spathi as soon as possible, and follow their leads about the weird hole in space.
- Practice a bit with Pkunk Furies and Yehat Terminators, even when your mothership is an awesome engine of destruction.
- Your main ship shouldn’t be seeing battle until approximately halfway through the game, when it’s really upgraded.