Before you play the Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
Lightning, Grip, and Heal are extremely useful throughout the game. They all start off fairly useless (grip and lightning especially), but once you have them at level 3 they work so much better. For instance, level 3 Lightning can wipe out a whole room of stormtroopers in a couple seconds.
Force Speed is actually a lot less useful than you’d think because anyone you’d want to use it on will activate their own Force Speed when you do.
- While the double-bladed and dual-wielded lightsabers are very cool, the easiest to master and most versatile is the traditional one. Varying up fighting styles allows for different tactics against different enemies.
- There’s a person near the end you can decide to kill or spare. Your choice here effects how the last level and ending plays out. Honestly if you just save before this you can run through the last level again and see the different ending, takes about 15 extra minutes.
- Lightning isn’t as useful as you’d think, it’s ok for killing stormtroopers and other basic enemies, but it’s not so good against enemy force users as they simply have too much health. Drain is much better as it works basically the same way, plus it heals you and you can grab a guy to quickly drain him safely when it’s upgraded.
- I never really use dark rage as the health penalty is a pretty big disincentive. Grip kicks ass and is really useful. when it’s fully upgraded you can grab guys and throw them around, up in the air or off bridges/rooftops etc. If you’re quick you even use it effectively against force users by ‘flicking’ them before they can break the grip with a force push.
- On the light side front, Heal is obviously useful, and mandatory if you’re not using Drain. Mind trick is pretty much worthless. It only works on weak enemies who you can just sabre to death more easily. Protect is good, useful in boss fights and against powerful enemies, plus there’s a level later in the game with acid rain that Protect will block.
- Absorb is pretty good against the more powerful force-wielders you face later in the game, as it blocks damage from lightning, makes you immune to Grip, push and pull, plus it gives you Force points when enemies try to use those powers against you.
- Basically, the light side powers all complement each other, and the same with the dark side. You don’t need drain if you’ve got heal for instance. If you wanted to pick the most powerful mix, I’d probably go for Heal, Grip, Protect and Lightning, plus Absorb if you do the optional missions in each tier for another fully upgraded power.
Recommended for You
- None Found