Mejai research notes from journal. Mejai Evidence types and Powers.
Guide to Mejai Evidence Types and Powers
Dekan the Lost
- When starting to chase you, you can’t outrun Dekan.
- Dekan can hear watch radio users really far away and immediately searches where the sound comes from. But doesn’t care if you are at the receiving end.
- Can hear your local voice.
- Dekan has to be within touch distance to see you. Can’t see your flashlight.
- Crouching is not making you extra silent. But running makes a lot of noise.
- Default mummy distract key is “P” [further research required].
Necreph the Shadow
- Teleports to random places inside the tomb.
- Necreph can sense light sources really far away.
- It makes chain sounds, so you can determine where Necreph is by your hearing. If you don’t hear chains that means it teleported far away from you.
- You can kinda look at Necreph from a good distance but if you are too close or look at it really long it will close the gap really fast. Suddenly looking away may save you.
- If you are unlucky, sometimes Necreph teleport on you and kill you immediately.
- Necreph can’t see your lit lighter in your belt.
- Safest way to deal with Necreph is waiting until it teleport away from you.
Ouphris the Forgotten
- Ouphris mimic another player than you. Every player see it as like different player.
- You can identify Ouphris easily since it never hold item in its hand. Also when you see another player, flashing your lights is a good tactic to tell you are friendly.
- If Ouphris sees someone it immediately follow until touch distance but not gonna kill you. If you manage to break line of sight it will continue to roam.
- After following you 30 to 60 seconds. Ouphris going to start wistle like 5 seconds. When the wistling stop if you are still in his line of sight it will start to run really fast and kill you. Others can see its true form at this point. After couple seconds it will shapeshift again.
- You can hide in empty sarcophagus. Seems like it can’t find you in there.
- I have not yet been test the amulet.
Rathos the Damned
- Rathos is really so silent. most of time you are going to face to face with it when you turn corners.
- Rathos scream at you before it attacks. Use this time to run away and try to break line of sight.
- Holding a torch affect its attacking delay [further research required].
- He can sense relic holder but I’m not sure how this is working [further research required].
- After a certain time or killing at least one player [further research required] he will became Royal Mummy. This form is faster, combined with his silent approach you will most likely be caught from behind. So check your back.
- Rathos seems like can’t pass lit torches in narrow corridors like corridors with axe traps [further research required].