|Home » Guides » Away: The Survival Series - Official FAQ
Away: The Survival Series - Official FAQ
Updated: September 16, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few of our most frequently asked questions about AWAY's gameplay and release! We won't address any specific plot points or story beats, so read on without fear of spoilers.What is AWAY? Is it an open world?
When is the release date?
- AWAY is an adventure game where you embark on a sugar glider’s journey to save his family. It is not open world; the story is told sequentially. However, there are plenty of moments where you can explore off the main path to discover new animals, find hidden artifacts, complete side quests, and unlock new skills — including a free roam section after the glider's story is completed!
How long is the game?
- AWAY is set to release on 09/28/2021.
What other animals will I be able to control in the game?
- Approximately 4-8 hours of gameplay.
How will the playable animals work?
- Besides our main sugar glider, you'll get to control other creatures such as beetles, lizards, crabs, and more...
What biomes are in the game?
- You can play as other animals in some of AWAY's side quests. Outside of these side quests, you can also "possess" other creatures in the wild by finding and consuming rare blue mushrooms. This can come in handy to access areas of the world that you couldn't as the sugar glider.
What is the narrator's role in the story?
- The sugar glider's journey will take you through a wide variety of environments, including forests, caverns, swamps, and more...
I have a lower-end PC, can I adjust the graphics settings?
- Just like a nature documentary, AWAY's narrator follows your adventures through the wild. In David Attenborough-esque fashion, he will often share useful information about your surroundings as you explore the world around you. But he will also warn you about dangerous enemies and shed some light on your mysterious findings...
What controls will the game support?
- Yes. You can set the screen resolution and the graphical fidelity in-game. We offer several quality settings, from the lightweight *Low* to the hyper-realistic *Documentary Mode*.
Will there be achievements?Will there be translations to other languages?
- AWAY will support Keyboard / Mouse and controllers.
Is it VR compatible?
- Yes! AWAY's subtitles will be available in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- No, VR is not supported. However, we might release some bonus VR content after the game’s launch! Let us know if you'd be interested.
Recommended for You:
You May Also Like: