Before you play the Stardrive 2 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Beam weapons (Those that actually say beam) might look a bit weak at first compared to the cannons, but they do their damage repeatedly as a 5-second beam before recharging. However that also means they suck down that power cost constantly during that beam time so you can’t easily carry a lot of them. There’s a couple of upgrade techs that specify ‘Particle Beam’. They only affect these so only get them if you want to use them. As far as I can tell their only advantage is that they can hit even after missing initially. The damage falloff is Harsh.
- Make sure you have enough energy capacitance for all of the energy weapons to fire. Your designs might be power-positive, but if the weapon needs 500 to shoot and you don’t have 500 capacity, it’ll never fire.
- To move population around you drag them around the empire management screen.
- If you get a quest from a hero make sure you do it fairly soon. If another hero gives you a quest it apparently overrides the first one.
- Watch out for long periods of pollution on a planet, it can lead to an event that reduces the effectiveness of farming on that planet.
- Yes, there is terraforming tech, but it comes in very late.
- I’ve found that if you want a forward-focused weapon, you can give the mounts on the Sides the arc extend without the damage + trait and they’ll have 180 degrees of fire.
- Disruptor Cannons are *Really good*.
- Each race gets 3-4 special techs while the rest of the experimental techs are chosen from a list. You can kinda guess what they are by the icons provided.