Before you play the Super Mario Galaxy game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Mario moves way faster when he is long jumping (crouch while running then jump). This’ll make the foot races in the game considerably easier.
- Back flipping at a wall then jumping off and spinning can get you up onto most high walls.
- It’s worth getting every star, though be aware that you won’t be able to get all 120 until you’ve beaten the game at least once.
- If you’re stumped on a star, just pick a different world to explore. Usually, by the time you’ve collected 1-2 stars from every world in a planetarium, you’ll have enough to unlock the Bowser level and then move to the next planetarium.
- Lives mean very little, so don’t be afraid to explore a bit (and possibly die.)
- Having a second player on Wiimote duty can be really helpful in some places. With the A button, they can hold most enemies in place (including cannonballs!), and even freeze some moving or disappearing platforms.
- On the really difficult water race in the trial galaxy, the timer shows 1:30 as the best time, but you have an entire 3 minutes to complete the race.
- While there are some exceptions, generally killing an enemy with a Spin Attack gets you Star Bits, Stomping gets you a Coin.