Before you play the Tokyo Jungle game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- To continue in Story mode, you will need to collect certain items in Survival mode.
- Once you play an act of the Story mode, more story collectibles will appear in Survival. Rinse and repeat.
- Most animals have a lifespan of 7-15 years. Over the course of that time, you should capture an area so that you can find a mate and breed before you die of natural causes. Natural causes can be recognized by the sharp whittling of your stats at the end of your life cycle (Loss of total health and total stamina regardless of hunger).
- Breeding will also pass on stats to the next generation, the better the mate then the more stat bonuses are transferred. Even if your lineage dies out, that animal will start the next game with the stats passed down through breeding.
- The sewer can be used to shortcut between a number of areas, and to avoid some of the larger animals. While it connects to the starting area, you will have to open it up from underground so look for other access points.
- By default, you can only choose from the Pomeranian and Sika Deer. Any DLC characters purchased can be used immediately (they are kinda spoilery and broken though).
- Each animal has specific challenges. They are randomly generated from a couple types, but there’s always one that unlocks another animal type (eg. From Sika Deer to Elephant there are 15 animal unlocks.).
- The chick can be unlocked early but is one the hardest animals to use. Make sure to capture the first area ASAP so you can sleep in the nest. You don’t have a lot of time to begin with and you will most likely die if you don’t use the dodge command for increased mobility.
- Speaking of the dodge command, it’s possible to use it in quick succession to help counter small packs of enemies or to escape from larger packs.
Recommended for You
- None Found