Guide for the Hunt Showdown, what to be on lookout for, etc.
Hunters in game are usually on full alert at all times to make sure they wont get ambushed by any creature or even other rival hunters. Indeed, rival Hunters are never your priority to hunt but you will have to eliminate them when you have the opportunity to do so orthewise they will eliminate you if you wont eliminate them first.
The following list lists all suspicious stuff that you must be careful or check them out if absolutely required.
- Dead Horses - Do not confuse them with "already" dead horses. This is about horses that were severely wounded by the creatures and are crying in pain when approached by a Player. If you notice a horse in an area that was alive but you do not kill it and leave the area and you come back to the same area and find the horse not responding to your presence anymore then it means a Player killed the horse and may still be around your location. Take extra caution and listen for sounds. This is uncommon occurence.
- Birds not in area - Most areas have fixed locations of birds to spawn. If an area you know very well does not have any birds then a Player recently spooked them and may still be around. This is common occurence.
- Dead dogs and chickens - Dogs and chickens are not dead initially and if found dead, a Player may still be around as they killed them. This is a rare occurence though as most Players leave the animals aside.
- Zombies not in an area - Zombies are literally everywhere and if there are no zombies in the surroundings of a barn then it's likely a Player killed them and is still around. This is a very common occurence.
- Partially or fully looted ammunation caches - If a cache is partially open (partially looted) or fully open (fully open) then a Player took ammo and may still be around the area. This is an uncommon occurence though.
- Empty medkits - Similar to ammunation caches. Uncommon occurence.
- Dead Hunters - Deceased Hunters' bodies wont vanish like the monsters do. They stay permanently on map until the round ends. So, if you see a dead hunter on ground be on extra alert as it can be an indication a deadly gunfight happened recently and the killer may still be around. Especially if the area is empty from monsters.
What to Be on Lookout For
- Gunshots - If you hear gunshots, take cover and keep it quiet and meassure where the gunshot came from and how loud it was. Is it close or far? Did it come from south or east? What weapon was it? Rifle or Karabiner? If far, you may feel free to move freely again but be on alert in case the Hunters are around. If it was close, absolutely be careful and be ready to pull the trigger. Hunters are no joke. Every player will meet this dilhemma so think accordingly.
- Crying pain of a horse, crows flying away, dogs barking and chicken sounds - Keep in mind: Only Hunters can trigger them, monsters cannot trigger those events. So if you hear either of the above and was not caused by you or your teammate then a Hunter is definitely around so be on alert.
- Doors at buildings - A common mistake Hunters tend to do is leave the door of a house, barn or any building, open. This is always an indication that a Hunter was recently here or is still here.