Basic introduction to the keyword text used on various cards within the game, these words appear on Ships, Crew and events.
These will happen without any other conditions needing to be fulfilled.
- Play – When you put this card into the field, it does that action that follows this keyword. This effect can add any other effect listed to a targeted card.
- Retreat – Text after this word happens when you pull the ship back into your hand.
- Core Breach – When this ship is destroyed, the text written occurs.
- Haste – This ship can attack the same turn it is summoned.
- Modulating Shields – Reduces the first damage this ship takes to 0, the shields are then removed and can be destroyed with a follow up attack/ability.
- Stealth – This ship can’t be targeted until it decloaks from an action, such as attacking.
- Guardian – This ship must be destroyed before the flagship or other ships can be attacked.
These will only happen if another condition is met, such as a valid target, or other requirements.
- Disable – Prevents a ship from taking its next turn.
- Trample – After attacking an opposing ship, and destroying it, any remaining damage is dealt to the opposing flagship.
- Jamming – When attacking, this card does not take any damage.
- Commander – Adding a crew card to an available command slot will trigger this effect.
- Bloodthirst – If this ship is damaged, but still in play, it triggers the effect.
- Cloaking Device – If the ship does not take an action, then it gains Stealth.