This is the quickest way for testing new mods, or simply starting a new game without having to play through the intro sequence and the tutorial quest.
- Launch the Skyrim and make sure you are on the main menu.
- Open the console in the main menu using the tilde key, (‘), or the section key (§) for europeans.
- Enter the following code: coc Riverwood. This will teleport you to Riverwood as a default Nord.
- Open your inventory and take off the iron helmet to reveal your face.
- Open the console again and type the following code: ShowRaceMenu and create a character.
- Finish the character creation as you usually would and press the R key to free your hands.
- To initiate the main questline open the console one last time and type: SetStage MQ102 30.
Three side effects of this method is you won’t be able to complete the tutorial quest Unbound, and to perhaps some the good news is Helgen will survive the dragon attack as we bypass that sequence entirely. If you return to Helgen you will only find the imperials and stormcloaks have murdered eachother making it a ghost town with only a few civilians still walking around doing nothing. And the third is by bypassing Unbound you will not be able to get introduced to the Civil War by Hadvar or Ralof. You will still meet them later on depending on what faction to pick.
I have not tested yet if this mess up the Kyne’s Sacred Trials quest as Gunnar Stone-Eye and Haming will still hang around Helgen.
Recommended for You
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Console Commands (Cheat Codes)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – How to Find the Dawnstar Cheat Chest!
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – How To Divorce Your Wife
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – How to Fix the Hard Answers Quest (Speak to Calcelmo)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – How to Fix Civil War Reporting In For Duty Not Appearing