Four end game puzzles + solutions.
Marc's Translator Code
Tip: It's in his notes. If he is present at the end game, he can say it for you.
This one is a four part riddle (second is broken into two parts):
My first is in cake, but not in casserole.
- Hint 1: It's being very literal in terms of spelling.
- Hint 2: What letter is in cake but not casserole?
- Solution: K
My second, third and fourth are human, but forgiveness is divine.
- Hint 1: This is not literal at all. Think about the meaning of the whole sentence.
- Hint 2: The solution is a single word but it is entered as the first letter and then the remaining two letters.
- Hint 3: Think about why someone would need forgiveness.
- Hint 4: This phrase is actually a quote by the poet Alexander Pope.
- Hint 5: To ___ is human; to forgive, is divine.
- Solution: ERR which is broken into E and RR
My last, is a question.
- Hint 1: Remember, we're looking for just a single letter.
- Hint 2: Which letter in the English alphabet also sounds like a question when pronounced?
- Solution: Y
This is a Caesar cipher in Teng's notes. There two things to look for in there:
- The ciphered text: XliEhqmvepMwJsspmwl
- The number of characters to shift it: 4
The developers were tricky in that the shift is backwards instead of forwards. Solve it, and you'll get this: TheAdmiralIsFoolish
For clarity, I'll add spaces: The Admiral Is Foolish
This code is used if Marc, Teng, and Alla are present. All are on the notes pages.
- Teng's notes right at the top: Kappa _ _ _ _
- Khan's notes about half way down: _ Theta _ _ _
- Marc's notes near the bottom: _ _ Alpha _ _
- Alla's notes near the top: _ _ _ Zeta _
- Khan's notes just above #2: _ _ _ _ Eta
Put them all together in order and you get: Kappa Theta Alpha Zeta Eta.