This guide will cover the basics of how to play Realm Royale hunter class.
You need a bit of practice, your main weapon is bow which is similar to Sha lin's bow from Paladins. You need to practice shooting and moving with cassies ability to dodge roll, That's the spell you want to use all the time without exceptions.
The game mechanics are almost exactly the same as Paladins, so if you are coming from there you'll easily have a huge advantage.
I played four games and scored second and third places just by knowing the mechanics of Paladins.
Non-Paladins / Newcomer Players
If you are a new player and all of this is new to you, I suggest you installing Paladins game and practice shooting range with Cassie and Sha lin characters to learn aiming, mechanics and movements. It will boost your skills without doubt.
But of course if you don't want to do that, you can just skip it and landing at starting postion in Realm royale and just practice dodge roll which is on F key. (You can rebind it to left shift if you are used to use that as movement key).
Remember that's only a practice and you will die a lot.
Gameplay and Mindset
After you learnt the basics of the game which includes movements, shooting and map locations this is a key thing you need to adapt to your play style.
Either it's a duo or a squad game you need to communicate with your teammate(s). You need to be with your teammate and even if they die, remember as a hunter you can still do much damage and end up in top 5.
Make sure to always land next to the crafting areas which are marked with a yellow icon on the map, it will help you get the weapons and the staff you need.
How to Know When Someone Is Crafting?
There is a fire/fog above the house meaning someone is using a crafting machine to craft legendary accessories / weapons or armors.
What to Do When You Land?
Don't be afraid if players are around, your priority is to run (use dodge roll) and find a gun. That's the most fundamental thing you need to do. Don't look around if there is someone, just run for the gun. Once you looted a gun you are safe and will probably get a solid kill because most of the players are just looking around to see whether they should go to loot or not.
Try Fake Crafting
What does that mean? It means if there are for example two players near but they are waiting, put something to craft and get out of the house with your teammate, they will most probably try to kill you because they will expect you to be there. When you are on a safe distance, if you had a mine spell (like a button) throw it on a wall it will detonate and ruin their health.
Since you have adventage because they expected you to be there and you are not, run inside with your friend and gun them down.
Always Use Mount and Unmount
It can save your life. With small cooldown of 2-3 secs, you can easily outrun your enemies, get on a safe distance and heal. Mount / unmount can be either defensive or offensive tactic.
What to Craft First?
Your first craft always needs to be your weapon. Your bow is so powerful that it can two shot enemies easily on close, medium and far distances. Your core damage is 1000 HP per shot and it is so powerful that you can alone kill several players which are near to you.
- This Bow is doing a pure 1000 damage per hit. You can shot with it on medium. long or close distance and get players armor shred in seconds. To craft it you first must have 1 kill.
Remember to combine dodge roll when you finish your shot. It's important to have a great movement and shooting. Again players from Paladins will have a great advantage here.
- This is your main movement ability which is a core for a gameplay. You need to use it as much as possible both defensively and offensively. You can one shot and doge roll to espace user attacks. You can dodge roll and mount up to leave if there are many enemies. This is the spell which you want to get Legendary.
Next one is your armor and accesories. Try to craft an armor as priority and always take a safe distance to heal and regenerate armor. It's important to craft the whole legendary set for your hunter.
Also while you are collecting shards try to craft your spells as well, if you are lucky enough you'll get dodge roll which will reduce the cooldown to somewhat of 2 seconds.
Now you will most likely need a spell "Hidden" which enters in invisibility mode, there you can aim and shoot, combine with dodge roll enemies won't know what's attacking them. You can easily espace, move and kill targets like a real hunter.
The Best Abilities to Craft & Use
- This is your core ability. You need to throw it always and it will reveal enemies hidding behind the walls, rocks, woods or anything. It will give you a great sight of the enemies.
- Will let you go into a stealth mode and hide yourself from enemies. Combine that with dodge roll when you shot someone and dodge roll, if you need more protection go hidden. Or you can go Hidden, get close to enemie and shot it, then dodge roll and shot again.
- Place it around the walls when crafting or hiding, it will do a severe damage to the enemies who walk close to a mine.