I have made this guide because several times have people tried their best to use a shield against me, but not understanding how they work.
The Box Shield
- Where To Aim: Easiest shield to use, requries no 'special' aiming.
- Cover: Shield with the most absolute cover, as it is just the ballistic shield welded together four times to create a 'box' around you.
- Health: Each individual shield will break as it takes damage. All of it is not destroyed at once.Each shield has the health of a ballistic shield.
The Ballistic Shield
- Where To Aim: No real aim, just aim directly at the enemy and you should be fine.
- Cover: Covers the entire front side of your body.
- Health: Can take a mingun from blank range for about 5.8 seconds, thus is quite hefty.
The Riot Shield
- Where To Aim: This is where you need to aim the shield to protect yourself. For long distances, such as rushing a sniper, you need to aim slight above and to the left of where they are, so you should see their entire body through the glass. When in close range, aim at their right shoulder.
- Cover: Covers 5/6 of the front of your body. (Leaving feet vulnerable)
- Health: Can take a mingun from blank range for about 3 seconds.
The Shield or Medieval / Knight's Shield
- Where To Aim: Same as the Riot shield, but can't see through, and is harder to aim, being more of a square than rectangle.
- Cover: Covers less of your legs and more of your head and body.
- Health: Same as the Riot Shield.
Each of the shields can be used in some way other than rushing.
The Ballistic Shield can be used to make cover for you and a friend by crouching in a field. This however leaves you vulernable to enemies flanking you from behind or side.
All the shields can be used to protect you and a friend on a (motor) bike. If you hold out a one handed weapon, hold it infront of your friends face, and equip the shield during, it will hold the shield infront of your friend.