On mission 24, El Diablo can be killed instead of escaping, and subsequently the tunnel won’t cave in, you can go through it to avoid the lava zone. Maybe tons of people have already known this, but I still wanna write about the procedure, it won’t hurt right?
Get All the Characters Moved to the Point
As the picture shows, move them to the sector as near the enemies as you can so all of their guns can aim at the targets, and make sure not to scare El Diablo off (You may use F5 a lot).
After that is the key step of this assassination — to make full use of quick action:
- Kate’s gun on the left enemy;
- Sam’s gun on the upper enemy;
- Doc’s ordinary gun on the lower enemy;
- John’s gun first on the left enemy, then the other two;
- Mia’s firecracker to the point in front of the two enemies. (This step may be debatable because the firecracker usually doesn’t seem to be effective.)
When you’ve done it, get Mia’s firecracker and all others’ guns ready (Raise them one by one), then switch the character to Doc and aim the sniper at El Diablo. You should definately save now!
So the next step is the crucial one, which relies on your reaction speed and a little bit of good luck:
- Put your thumb on the SPACE BAR and middle finger on the “2” key (left hand of course);
- Snipe El Diablo with Doc then fast press the space bar several times and switch the character to Sam quickly by pressing “2”;
- Right now Sam will still be raising his Winchester, and at least one of the enemy still survives, so send him to hell with you gun!
You probably need several tries to achieve it, just be patient.
Through the Tunnel
The death of El Diablo won’t change the story, he will still show in Mission 25, however it will affect the tunnel’s cave-in.
If the characters go through the tunnel without El Diablo’s body, then nothing would’ve happened, otherwise carrying the body can still trigger the cave-in event.