A comprehensive guide to the Score Attack mode in Strange Brigade.
Other Strange Brigade Guides:
- All Collectible Locations Guide (Jars, Letters, Relics and Cats).
- Gameplay Tips.
- Enemy Guide.
- Hidden Valley (Level Guide).
Score Attack is an exciting, fast paced and challenging mode in Strange Brigade. In either single or co-op modes you are faced with a range of adversaries that you must dispatch in order to progress to the next stage.
Use devastating weapons and traps to take out the terrifying horde. Completing a number of bonus objectives will allow for a much higher score at the end of your run. These include:
Beat the par time – 100,000
Race against the clock in order to get the end of the stage in the time allocated!
Unique weapon kills 0/7 – 50,000
Discover seven unique weapons and take out at least one enemy using each one!
Trap kills 0/30 – 50,000
Dispatch thirty enemies using the various traps strewn about the map!
Headshot kills 0/10 – 25,000
Using the various weapons at your disposal, shoot ten enemies in the head!
Bullet hits 0/150 – 25,000
Hit enemies with 150 rounds from any of the weapons in your arsenal!
Never died – 10,000
Do not allow yourself to perish at any stage of the level!
Never took damage – 10,000
Take no damage whatsoever from enemies or the environment during your time on the level!
Tips for Score Attack
- Running through each level stage a number of times can aid in understanding where you will face certain enemies. Knowing where they will appear can aid in speeding up your run time.
- Utilise your special power abilities as they can cause mass devastation. Make sure to build up your special ability with your amulet as you progress though the stage.
- Explosives can have a huge impact on your Score attack run. They can clear the way for you to swiftly access special weapons or provide better space between you and your foes.
- Experimenting with your load out can be advantageous, as certain weapon and explosive combinations can work better than others.
- Watch out for traps hidden within the map environment. Activating these can not only clear the enemy horde but also grant impressive bonus points.
- Consider explosive barrels as a means to thin the hideous herd of horrors. One carefully placed shot can wipe out a substantial group of fiendish foes.
- Make sure to visit ammunition reserves during your run. It is more than likely you will get through a lot of ammo during your confrontation with the undead horde, so make sure to keep topping up.
- Try to keep as much distance as possible between you and the enemy. This space allows for one to place their shots more tactically and prevents succumbing to attack.
- Special weapons in the game can deal significant damage. Use them to full effect and reap the added bonus rewards at the end of the round.
- Keep an eye on the time as reaching certain checkpoints and ultimately finishing the round within the allotted time cap, will provide bonus points upon successful completion.