Oh no, a new update has arrived and all of my mods are broken. It'll take forever for the moders to update these mods. Is there a way i can fix it ? Yes there is!
Other EU4 Guides:
- How to Get the Hero's Welcome Achievement.
- How to Get the Three Mountains Achievement.
- How to Get the Buddhists Strike Back Achievement.
- A Basic Guide to Colonization.
- How to Byzantium in 1.25.
Guide on How to Fix Outdated Mods
For cosmetic mods such as community made unit packs, map modes and UI changes this fix should work almost 100% of the time unless said mod somehow conflicts with some recent cosmetic changes which from my experience has so far not been the case ever since i got into EU in 2015.
Major overhaul mods that add more provinces or change up the game's mechanic a lot might not work at all or become unstable via this method, in which you will have to wait for the mod creator to update it but iv'e had some of these types of mods in the past still work with this quick fix, i just can't guarantee for sure that it'll work properly.
Oh no, a new update has arrived and all of my mods are broken. It'll take forever for the moders to update these mods. Is there a way i can fix it?
1. Yes there is, simply make way to your documents folder on your system.
2. Open the "Paradox Interactive" Folder.
3. Open the "Europa Universalis 4" Folder and go to "Mod".
4. Once you're in there, simply right click on your desired mod and "Open with - Notepad".
5. Find the line "Supported Version".
6. And then Simply change it to the current number version of the game and save the file.
That's it! It's all you have to do to make it work again. Iv'e been doing this to a rather outdated map mod for two years now and it hasn't failed me yet. As i mentioned earlier, if you're doing this for a more complex mod that's not just a UI,Map or any other Cosmetic change then you might run into issues running said mod after doing this but you might get lucky and find that the major overhaul mod still works.