A few tips to help achieve 3 stars in the difficult level Duckworth-upon-Bilge.
Other Two Point Hospital Guides:
- School of the Gifted Employees Guide.
- Missing Your Golden Toilet?
- Staff Management Guide.
- Level Layouts.
Duckworth-upon-Bilge is a tough hospital in the 3rd zone, due to having no income from diagnosing/curing patients. Therefore, all income either comes from research, or specific public health targets set by Lord Foxbridge.
The main issues people have with this hospital is running out of funding = going bankrupt.
Tips #1 and #2 will help keep plenty of money.
The other difficulty is getting to 3 stars, as the 90% staff morale isn’t easy to achieve. Tip #3 will explain how to get to this level more easily.
1 – Easy Research Money
Something I found out in Two Point Hospital – research doesn’t need to be started and finished in the same hospital But the hospital it’s finished at will get the benefits!
- Step 1: Go to your main research hospital (for me it was Milton, in the top left of the map). Start a ‘general research project $’ in all of your research rooms, and speed up the game.
- Step 2: Pause the game just before the project finishes, aim for close to 1000 then hit space to pause just before it gets there.
- Step 3: Go back to the map and re-visit Duckworth. Carry on the research project here (build a room and hire a doctor if you haven’t already), and it should finish in a few seconds.
- Step 4: Repeat as many times as necessary. The cycle should take around a minute each time, if you have a decent research hospital.
2 – Easy Money from Lord Foxbridge
During the course of this level, you will receive various challenges from Lord Foxbridge. There’s one which you can repeat over and over again quickly – the ‘Thermal Comfort’ one:
The easiest way to do this is to buy an extra plot of land, and keep it empty (and therefore, cold). When the challenge pops up, simply insert a radiator or two into the new building and the challenge should complete:
Then, sell all the radiators again immediately and the challenge will keep popping up. You get 75,000 each time with little effort.
Note this can also work for the ‘Hospital Attractiveness’ one too, by using plants etc.
3 – Achieving 90% Staff Morale
The only difficult challenge on this level, especially for 3 stars, is the ‘Staff Morale’ of 90%.
Before completing the steps below, make sure you’ve done all the obvious stuff e.g.
- Make sure there there’s a radiator and plant in every room and covering the corridors too, to improve thermal comfort and attractiveness. This will boost your staff morale.
- Put plenty of drinks/snacks machines and toilets around the hospital.
- Make sure you train up all the staff and promote them as much as possible – the ’emotional intelligence’ training is the best one for happiness.
Then, navigate to the ‘Staff’ menu and go to the ‘Pay’ tab – see screenshot below:
- First thing to do is click the tick next to ‘Satisfy Pay request’.
- Then, sort the staff by ‘happiness’. Click on the least happy member of staff, pick them up and drop them into the Staff Room. Do this a few times, as it will force that person to have a break. Repeat as many times as needed.
- The final option (make sure you’ve achieved all other goals before doing this) is to increase all the pay sliders to the maximum, and tick each one. This won’t help your funding, but will allow you to get that 3rd star!