Tips and Tricks
1) Loss of sleep due to playing alot.
Even tho the game like any new game release has issues it is a decent game. Just a warning tho the time you play will be shown through the server lag you experience which at this moment are pretty often. Alot of bugs are in the game as well so be prepaired to fall off a cliff or two due to a bug or lag.
Tip: Use your mobile 3d printer to craft alot of extra Med sprays as they are cheap to make and the resources needed to make them are very common. 1 Iron – 3 Bio Mass – 2 Nitrate.
2) Irritation on how long progress takes.
Ok at the start you’ll be pressed to find resources but not to worry! they are very common for basic construction.
- Iron – Iron nodes around the land scape & lose Iron stones.
- Aluminum – Finding this is sometimes a challenge at the start for some because of simply not knowing where to look so.. Its found on the Corpses of robots.. use a sonic drill on them to recover the resource.
- Copper – This was tricky to find… but all those screens you see around outposts that still work use your sonic drill on them to recover copper.
Tip: Work towards unlocking the cutting torch asap and the smelter as you will need these to get a higher yield.
3) Permissions arent 100%
Permissions arent 100% in the game reguardless of alliance settings so some items can be accessed if not in a secured room… but on that note people can still troll you by repainting your builds (lazy devs need to fix this) and often will try blocking your building by placing pillars and such around your build to prevent constructing further out.
Tip: If you plan on makeing a large base cut out your “territory” by making foundations to your build size as they only cost iron and this prevents people from building too close to prevent building.
4) Constant Players restricting access to areas where needed resources are (lets face it some people are douches).
Ok so this one I had to add because you will find more rare resources like Magnesium are in small areas on the map which can be a pain to get to when you have someone trying to monopolize the resource by blocking all access with builds.. yes.. this is common so be prepaired to be amazed at the total lunacy of others.
Tip: Most of these are in large canyons near large miners if all ground access is blocked off you can try to jump down but make sure to have plenty of meds on you and mine out iron for a way to build out of it.
5) Remembering to pay off your builds Maintenance Fee.
So this is where it hurts… as you build you have a kinda safety timer.. which you need FLOPs for to pay the Maintenance costs of keeping it under your control. Alot of new people dont know this due to a MAJOR lack of a in depth tutorial on building and costs of Maintenance. As your build grows so does the cost of “living” make sure to keep atleast a couple days worth in so in case rl happens. cause it does.. your atleast prepaired.
Tip: This isnt too hard for builds with 60 FLOPs a day costs as this can be gathered from about 4-5 of the smaller bots in several minutes.