The guide shows all permanent bonuses in Torment: Tides of Numenera and where you get them.
Reef of Fallen World
- +1 Health - fail smashing check on getting one of the hands.
- +1 Quick Fingers - get cypher "Prestidigitator" from failing smashing check on the rocks.
- +1 Tidal Affinity - learned from Tol Maguur, solve quest "Beloved Slave".
- +1 Speed - win 3 times against the Aidan Sitabo.
- +1 Speed - kill Aidan Sitabo.
- Ability "Clawed Gauntlets" (+4 Unarmed Damage) - buy implant from Jernaugh.
- Ability "Jagged Memory" (+1 Melee Damage) - buy implant from Jernaugh.
- Ability "Encroaching Darkness" (heal 8 Health once per day) - buy implant from Jernaugh.
- Ability "Blood Nanites" (Immunity to Bleeding/Burn) - buy implant from Jernaugh.
- Ability "Numenera Analyzer" (+5% Lore: Machinery, +5% Lore: Mystical, +5% Lore: Natural) - buy implant from Jernaugh.
- Ability "Artificial Eyeball" (+1 Perception) - buy implant from Jernaugh.
The Fifth Eye
- +1 Intelligence and +4 Health - talk to O.
- +1 Intelligence - let Dhama look into your head.
- +1 Might - "get to work" for the overseer.
- +1 Might - go fishing everyday, the third item you get is cypher "Abtrucense" with permanent +1 Might.
- +1 Intelligence - use the book "The Tome of Singing Thorns" (puzzle solution: blue, red, indigo, gold, silver).
- +1 Intelligence, Might or Speed - inspect the tiny lenses [UNCONFIRMED, haven't got this option].
- Ability "Clear Mind" (+1 Intelligence, Might and Speed) - solve quest "Infestation".
Valley of Dead Heroes
Valley of Dead Heroes
- +1 Intelligence, Might or Speed - get cypher "Savant's Slipknot" from acid pool, it increases the highest stat by 1.
- +1 Intelligence - determine the nature of the darkness and bind yourself with it [UNCONFIRMED, haven't got this option].
- +1 Lore: Machinery - visit 50 tombs and give the cypher "Philiactery" to Silver, choose teaching reward.
- +1 Resistence - buy cypher "Blood of the Elements" from Lady Anshe.
- +1 Concentration - buy cypher "Embrace the All" from Ioxu.
- +1 Lore: Machinery, Lore: Natural or Lore: Mystical - buy cypher "Essence of Knowledge" from Sheen.
- +3* Intelligence, Might or Speed - buy cypher "Impure Essence" from Sheen, [* BUGGED: should increase the highest stat by 2 and lower both other stats by 1, but actually it increases the highest and the second highest stat by 2 and lowers the last stat by 1 ... so you get 2 + 2 - 1 = 3 stat points from this].
- -1 Health - play test subject during quest "What the Winds Took" (its a malus, so use other options instead).
The Vast Interior
- +1 Intelligence - after opening the passage to trade post, help traders with their cart and get cypher "Orb of Perception".
- +1 Tidal Affinity - talk to Aen-Tozon and Kwherezimian.
- +1 Intelligence and +1 Lore: Machinery - get "Ancient Spirit Cube" from Crimper and repair it.
- +1 Speed - use "Gauntlet of Murder" dropped by Doran.
- +2 Intelligence - get "Candy Dispenser" from Murden, use it twice to get 2 cyphers with +1 Intelligence.
- +2 Intelligence - dig deep into the memories of the bloom.
Note: You can only have 4 reflection abilities active at a time. Speak with the reflections in "The Calm" to active or deactive an ability.
- Ability "Nychthemeron Defense" (Enemies receive a random negative fettle when attacking you in melee) - talk to the Nychthemeron and free it, only works at night if you broke the clock.
- Ability "Seria's Peace" (+1 Intelligence, Might and Speed) - solve quests "Ashen Imitation" and "The Sorrow's Prey".
- Ability "Choi's Balm" (+1 Endurance) - solve quests "Endless Horror" and "Severed Child".
- Ability "Choi's Balm" [upgraded] (+1 Endurance, +2 Might, +1 Intelligence) - to upgrade the ability visit Choi's grave, visit her fathers grave, talk to Ronus Cai'sul.
- Ability "Inifere's Madness" (+1 Might edge, +1 Intimidation, -1 Intelligence) - solve quests "Endless Horror" and "Severed Child".
- Ability "Catena Intelligence" (+1 Effort for Intelligence tasks) - take Cantena into your mind (during quest "A Hilt Without a Blade").
- Ability "Erritis' Luck" (Increased critical success chance) - [UNCONFIRMED, haven't got this, i think you need to make him stronger to keep him in your mind].
- Ability "Artaglio's Cunning" (companions in short range gain +5 Initiative, +15% Willpower, +10% Persuasion, +20% Damage) - take him into your mind in the Gullet (only works if he was absorbed by the maw).
Written by Tommy.