Other Sekiro Guides:
- 100% Achievement / Trophy Guide.
- How to Defeat Lady Butterfly (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Genichiro Ashina (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Folding Screen Monkeys (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Great Serpent (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Guardian Ape (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Great Shinobi - Owl (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Corrupted Monk (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Great Colored Carp (Boss Guide).
Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa Boss Fight
Unmissable, you have to beat this boss in order to proceed with the game. However, if you are stuck on Gyouba Masataka Oniwa, there are some things you can do to make the boss battle monumentally easier.
Since Gyouba will appear on horseback, you will have to utilize your grappling hook to get near him. Enter your Prosthetic Arts screen and purchase the Grappling Hook Attack. This will allow you to grapple onto Gyouba and slice him directly following your grapple.
Alternatively, you can purchase the Firecracker Prosthetic from the Memorial Mob at the Ashina Outskirts. Where to find this mob has been detailed above but getting to them quickly just requires you fast travel to Outskirts Wall - Gath Path and climbing an top of a hill.
This will cost you 500 coins which can be easily retrieved by using either gold pouches in your inventory or simply farming enemies by killing, resting and resetting the mobs, then killing again. It shouldn't take you very long to get this at all.
After you've gotten the Firecracker Prosthetic, you can grapple onto Gyouba and use it on his horse. This will cause his horse to stagger for a couple of seconds, allowing you to get a couple swings in. Don't get too greedy, though! His pole-arm can really devastate you if you aren't careful.
Too Long; Didn't Read:
- Using Grapple Attack from the Prosthetics Skill Tree helps.
- Purchasing the Firecracker Prosthetic for 500 coins from Ashina Memoral Mob.
- Grapple on Gyouba and slice; or stun with firecrackers.
- His horse stomps once you hit your first deathblow.