Other Sekiro Guides:
- 100% Achievement / Trophy Guide.
- How to Defeat Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Genichiro Ashina (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Folding Screen Monkeys (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Great Serpent (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Guardian Ape (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Great Shinobi – Owl (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Corrupted Monk (Boss Guide).
- How to Defeat Great Colored Carp (Boss Guide).
Lady Butterfly Boss Fight
This boss is located in Hirata Estate by the fast travel point Hirata Audience Chamber.
The encounter begins as you enter the atrium and she will fire kunais at you almost immediately. Rush over to one of the wooden pillars closest to you and allow her to slink closer while using the pillar as cover against the projectile attacks.
Once she is closer, you have a couple of options.
Continue to smack her; only stopping to parry her abilities when they come up.
Use the Whirlwind Combat Art skill to whittle her health down slowly.
Once the Lady is within range of your normal attacks, hit her around three times to deal stagger damage or use the Whirlwind Combat Art skill to slice a bit of health from her bar. Remember, don’t be too greedy and dodge when you think she’s about to attack! As for parrying…
You’ll notice that when she blocks attacks, sparks fly from your sword colliding with her. At a certain point, those sparks will get brighter and this will be your key to knowing when she will begin striking you instead. When this happens, parry as pin-point as you can to keep the stagger going.
Be wary of her sweep ability. When the icon appears over your head that she’ll be doing a sweep, you can actually deal tons of stagger damage by jumping and kicking off of her head. It’s a bit tricky to do, but this is how I ended up beating her in the first interaction.
The second interaction is much the same. Just make sure that when she dissolves her minions, you sprint away from the projectile butterflies or hide behind some pillars! The minions themselves are pretty easy with Whirlwind, but you don’t have to kill them. They’ll leave soon enough.
Too Long; Didn’t Read:
- She has two iterations. Killing the first Lady progresses the encounter.
- Whirlwind Combat Art skill seems to work well.
- She has an incredibly harsh sweep ability. Be wary when she jumps onto her strings above.
- Careful of the butterflies after minions dissolve. Run until they disappear.