A guide to do the “Time Well Spent” Achievement.
A.K.A. 5 Barrel tricks to shine during parties.
Other DRG Guides:
Stuffing the Pod
Introductions are for leaf lovers, so lets get to it. Management said I’m not paid for this anyway.
Most of you green beards and hazard 5 vets will have tried to stuff the pod before, kicking one barrel up the ladder and treating yourself to a Oily Oaf when you get it there.
Well that won’t cut it, we’ve got a truck load of barrels to load and every minute spent there is another gold deposit going un-exploited; we need some industrial process here not hand cranked Glyphid smudge. Industry means machinery and with that in mind we’re going to requisition the only piece of working machinery we’ve got available, the elevator.
I’ve made you a nice HUD display available below.
- How do you use the machinery, well here’s a manual.
- Now that you got the barrel up, turn towards the pod and kick it until it’s in the correct position, then kick.
Now two things can happen.
- One is as follow: the barrel lands on the catwalk, you add it to your industrially powered pod stuffing collection.
- The other can go two different ways. One will make you want to quit, but you won’t because you’re a dwarf; the other will make you praise Karl in heaven.
- If you get the GOOD END too often, you might be kicking the barrel too hard, like any true dwarf would.
To that I suggest jumping after the barrel and block its uncontrolled descent down the catwalk with your low center of gravity.
Do Not Panic
Panic is for leaf lovers.
So you missed the cat walk and your barrel rolled somewhere that’s not the pod you want to stuff, well if you got the GOOD END its fine just re-kick the barrel up the machinery and maybe slip a few extra kicks on the way back up.
If you got the BAD END, sight in relief as opposite of the correct barrel kicking position mentioned earlier lie your new best friend.
- This guy.
- Using this bad boy and following the manual below you’ll be able to automatically – hooray for industry – get both your barrels back up and control to stop being whining about forcefields.
- Just align your lost barrels closest to the red line without placing them on the right side of it.
- Industry is not without its dangers, and as you progress towards your goal of filling up that pod you’ll become more and more likely to witness some of your precious already loaded barrels make a run for it (or a float idk) in zero G outside the pod’s wide open door.
- Just to be on the safe side, whenever you press the red savior of industry, rush to the pod and do what you do best
Hungry Walls / Suicidal Barrel
Now that I’ve got your attention.
Being pioneers on Hoxxes, we find ourselves battling bugs, and Glyphids.
On such bug, my bearded friend, is what happens when you can’t follow instructions and don’t load the barrel properly in the machinery and it gets stuck in or under it. When that happens the barrel is eaten by the walls, for real I’ve seen it happens.
Should that happen to you, you should disband your team. Normally the shame of being robbed of a precious barrel by an inanimate block of space dwarven concrete would just call for throwing yourself in the barrel hoop. However, with a barrel gone forever our task is at an end.
In the event that for some reason, lets assume it’s Glyphid Slammers, you’d be robbed more than once, I’d recommend you take the extra time to use the elevator guarded by M.O.L.L.Y and her youngins.
- It is also worth using when kick (violently) back up barrels that met a BAD END, since those tend to come up next to it her anyway.
The Barrel in the High Catwalk.
Up high on the very highest catwalk is a depressed barrel. That barrel will jump into the burning inferno of the pod’s engine as soon as you press the red button of industrial automation.
Repay the kindness M.O.L.L.Y.’s paid you by saving that barrel and stuffing it into the pod.
Please do not let that barrel meet a bad end, being saved by the very thing it wanted to use to end its life would make it sad.
Grab Bag Advice
Alternate barrel loading method.
The method presented at the beginning of the guide require dwarves to throw barrels in a straight line. While seemingly the easiest, there exists another method which doesn’t to Glyphid Swarmers about straight lines. That method however requires dwarves to throw barrels at a specific distance.
Management wants us to listen to 25 full jukebox tracks, remember to regularly put one to play when using industry to stuff pods and spend your time well.
The Green King.
Keep the green barrel for the end, its a more satisfying sight.
Don’t pat yourself on the back with a Oily Oaf for such a feat, celebrate with a Glyphid Slammer.
Be the first to comment