Commonly missed information towards maximizing Skill Point use.
Flow of Skill Slots
One will notice that you can learn skills which appear to be already learned.
That is because you have some skills marked as bonus skills depending on the current class, these are most easily viewed in the Skill Slots section of the Roster.
The purpose of learning these bonus skills are purely (and effectively) for multi-classing.
Notice all of the skill slots assigned in this example:
- "Backstab" was learned while Durehn was a rogue.
- "Counter Attack 1x" was learned while Durehn was a Fighter.
- "Heavy Armor Proficiency" and "Mastery" were learned while Durehn was a Defender.
- "Sword 2H proficiency" and "Weapon Technique" (along with all of the Weapon Technique Powers) were also learned while Durehn was a Fighter.
Things to Note:
- Changing to and from any class is without penalty, but the bonus skills of the class are not available while you're not assigned to that class, so if you have a Defender with Heavy Armor and a shield equipped, you will not have the Heavy Armor and Shield proficiencies if you change class (assuming you haven't learned these skills and assigned them to a skill slot), so these items will be taken off of the character's equipment.
- Another thing to note is that newly learned Skills aren't automatically assigned to Skill Slots, so you might forget to do that.
- Plus each class has a permanent increase in total Skill Slots available to learn for 100 SP (this promotes multi-classing as early as possible).