Guide on the different role perks available in the Gambit Prime game activity mode.
Destiny 2 Guides:
- Beginners Guide 2019.
- Returning to the Game? Start Here!
- Moon Region Chests Locations Guide.
- Materials and Glimmer Farming Guide.
- All Ahamkara Bones Locations (Marasenna Lore).
- How to Get Fallen Transponder + Node Locations.
- How to Acquire: Outbreak Perfected Exotic Pulse Rifle.
- All Corrupted Eggs Locations.
- Every Public Event (Heroic).
- Leviathan Underbelly Map.
Gambit Prime is an evolution of the Gambit game mode released with Forsaken. The biggest change being the introduction of roles to grant special abilities based on armor worn. This special armor can only be acquired from completing the Reckoning activity. Access to both Gambit Prime and the Reckoning is granted after completing a quest from the Drifter.
Other rule changes include requiring 100 banked motes to summon the primeval (up from 75) and that sending multiple blockers at once will drain motes from the enemy bank and add them to your bank. Also, the primeval phase is slightly different in that the primeval spawns with a shield that drops after every third envoy death. When the third envoy is defeated, a well will appear. Slayer buff granted by entering well while shield is down.
The list below shows the four roles and the number of points required to activate the perk. You get points in one or more roles by either equipping Gambit Prime armor or consuming a Synth for a temporary boost, allowing for a max possible 18 points. You can mix and match armor from different roles to activate your preferred perks, though the more potent skills will require focusing on one specific role.
- High-Value Tracker (+3) - Damaging a high-value target or non-Primeval ultra marks it and weakens it for allies.
- Piñata of Death (+6) - Rapidly defeating multiple combatants drops Special ammo for allies.
- Long-Lasting Flavor (+10) - Motes you generate have an increased lifetime.
- Major Rewards (+15) - Defeating powerful enemies grants a temporary surge in grenade recharge rate.
- Assassin’s Munitions (+3) - While Invading, ammo slowly trickles to your Kinetic and Energy weapons over time.
- Lethal Defense (+6) - Grants an improved Invasion overshield.
- Killmonger (+10) - Each Guardian defeated while Invading grants a temporary damage bonus once you return to your own arena.
- Bank Robber (+15) - Invading locks the enemy’s bank. Stand near the locked bank to drain Motes.
- Inheritance (+3) - Drop a portion of your carried Motes on death.
- Umbral Armor (+6) - Rapidly picking up 5 Motes grants an overshield.
- Cashback (+10) - Gain Kinetic and Energy ammo whenever you bank.
- High-Yield Savings (+15) - Carry up to 20 Motes. This enables you to send Giant Blockers to the enemy team.
- Umbral Strike (+3) - Multi-kills grant a damage buff against Taken. Clears when you damage a Taken combatant.Stacks up to five times.
- Safe and Sound (+6) - Standing near the bank triggers health regeneration.
- Invader Tracker (+10) - Damaging an Invader marks them for your teammates.
- Light of the Defender (+15) - You and nearby allies are granted maximum resilience, mobility, and recovery while in the Well of Light.