How to get the best exotic in the game, Gjallarhorn.
Destiny 2 Guides:
- Beginners Guide 2019.
- Returning to the Game? Start Here!
- Moon Region Chests Locations Guide.
- Materials and Glimmer Farming Guide.
- All Ahamkara Bones Locations (Marasenna Lore).
- How to Get Fallen Transponder + Node Locations.
- How to Acquire: Outbreak Perfected Exotic Pulse Rifle.
- How to Acquire: Year 2 Pinnacle Weapons.
- All Corrupted Eggs Locations.
- Every Public Event (Heroic).
- Leviathan Underbelly Map.
- Gambit Prime Guide.
Welcome to the guide on how to get Gjallarhorn!
Gjallarhorn is the best weapon in the Destiny franchise, and will always be the best.
Before obtaining Gjallarhorn, please understand that it is a hard weapon to use and is best utilized in experienced players' hands. Also, keep in mind that the recoil is extremely difficult to control.
Once you obtain Gjallarhorn, other players will look up to you as a true Destiny legend.
Good luck Guardians!
Now comes the hard part: actually obtaining the exotic.
Here's the thing, though: it hasn't been added to Destiny 2. Unless.... it was?
Yes, that's correct: Gjallarhorn does (kinda) exist in Destiny 2.
During Season of the Drifter, players were able to take a glimpse at a replica of the fabled weapon while browsing the Spider's wares during the alliegiance quest in which the Drifter asks the player to purchase some illegal goods from the Spider's black market.
Renamed as the "Midnight Special," it is purchasable for 20 exotic engrams. However, since you can't (or can you?) carry more than 10 engrams at a time, it is impossible to buy the replica from the Spider.
There were also rumors that Gjallarhorn was coming to Destiny 2 in a solar week event as well.