A collection of useful tips when starting out in Ymir.
Useful Tips for Newbies
Being fairly new to the game myself and with few resources available I though I would create a list of useful tips and tricks for anyone starting out.
- Play and complete the tutorial if its your first time.
- Follow the tutorial in correct order and follow the objectives exactly.
- Storage window crash bug, close storage window before clicking the tutorial text.
- Settle on starting location as moving is very dangerous, if you must move only one tile.
- You can look at explored tiles without needing any units.
- Only build one water source, you will then get idea for wells once demand gets high.
- Pigs are your most important resource.
- Invading barbarians will head for your resources.
- Some building are free to place such as ground storage.
- Move your storage to an easily defended location and put behind walls with militia.
- Use choke points in the terrain.
- Items dont have to get carried yet so storage can be any accessible location regardless of distance to houses & production.
- Starting location has balanced resources such as food, water and wood to get you going, other tiles may not.
- Starting settlement doesnt have to be your capital, you can change later or abandon completely if you want.
- Flatten map also adds red lines for inaccessibility, makes finding gaps in cliffs easier.
- There is no Pause button you must close game.