This guide is about status conditions and focuses on debuffs currently.
There are various buffs and debuffs that can be applied to you and your enemies. Knowing them helps you better understand their effects and allows you to do founded decisions on which item affixes and abilities you want to use
Roughly, debuffs fall into one of these 5 main categories:
- Abilities (Deny usage).
- Attack (Deny usage).
- HP (Damage Over Time, DOT).
- Movement (Deny usage).
- Stats (Reduction of Accuracy / Defense / Offense / Resistances).
Combinations of the above categories are possible. E.g. Greater Freeze denies movement and attacks.
- Attack Down: -33% all damage.
- Bleeding: physical DOT (needs confirmation on the damage type).
- Blind: -33% accuracy.
- Bullseye: Vulnerable to extra attack damage from one angle.
- Charmed: Becomes temporarily friendly and fights for you.
- Chilled: Take 25% more damage from water.
- Confused: Attacks / Moves randomly. Might even attack allies and even itself!
- Damage Hexed (monster skill): Damage dealt reduced by 50%.
- Defense Break: defense reduced by x %.
- Defense Down: defense reduced by 25%.
- Fear: Flee from enemy. Monster does not attack until attacked.
- Fire Burned (skill Fire Evocation): fire DOT of 25% of the basic non-crit damage done. Ticks 3 times.
- Freeze: No movement possible. Attack and abilities are still possible (needs confirmation).
- Ghostly Aura (monster skill): Reduces damage dealt to any target aside from the Wraith.
- Greater Freeze: No movement or attacks possible. Abilities are still possible.
- Haunted: Your attacks can harm nothing but the Wraith.
- Heal-Dampering (monster skill): Weaken player healing power.
- Ice Chill (monster skill): Player cannot parry.
- Lead-Touched (monster skill): Player cannot block or parry.
- Panic: Rooted. Monster does not attack until attacked.
- Paralyzed: No attacks possible. Movement and abilities are still possible.
- Parry Hexed (monster skill): Parry chance reduced by 25%.
- Push/Pull (aka Forced Movement): Various skills push or pull a target forcefully such as Tornado and Vortex.
- Rooted: No movement possible. Attack and abilities are still possible.
- Sealed: No abilities possible. Attack and movement are still possible.
- Shadow Vulnerable: +10% more damage from shadow element.
- Shaken: Losing 25 CT every turn.
- Sleep: No attacks, abilities or movement possible until damaged.
- Slow: Reduces gain CT by 50%.
- Stun: No attacks, abilities or movement possible.
- Armilary Mirrors (legendary accessory): Main hand attack cannot miss. Good for melee players against enemies that blind you.
- Dragonscale Armor (legendary armor): Cannot be pushed or pulled.
- Iron Grip (Free passive; Claw weapon mastery): Cannot be Paralyzed and your damage can never be lowered (no Attack Down debuff).
- Liberating (Nightmare affix, Armor): Cannot be Paralyzed.
- Resolve (Support ability; Budoka class): Cannot be stunned or critically hit.
- Warmth (Affix, Accessory): Immunity to (Greater) Freeze and Chill.