As many of you know there is a point of no return to making easy cash & science from sub-orbital tourism. Once the orbital contract has been completed, there is no going back. Here is a very basic guide to milking that sub-orbital tourism-cow, while you have access to it.
Guide to Before Going Orbital
Milking the Sub-Orbital Cash-Cow
If you wish to make easy profit early, please hold before completing the orbital contract and take a look at these steps:
- Complete initial contracts (launch and out-of-atmo).
- Activate Unpaid-research program (Reputation->Science).
- Upgrade to 7 contracts.
- Get as many tourist/VIP contracts as you are offered.
- Build a 5 person rocket with a minimum of 1500 DV able to go beyond 70 km (aim for 85km).
- Fill with 1 Pilot (for stability) + 4 passengers.
- About 30k-40k profit per launch (@ 10k cost).
- Bonus science from non-sciency missions.
- Initial pilot roster bonus XP.
- Gather crew reports from launch/land biomes for extra science.
- Upgrade buildings early and benefit from access to EVA science, better coms-range, more complex/heavy crafts.
- Watch very happy Kerbal-faces repeatedly.