Although it is a remaster of an old game, Warcraft III has no shortage of issues. Listed below are the known issues and possible fixes (if any) to help get you back into the realm.
Known Issues / Bugs
Crashes on AMD GPU
- The Issue: For whatever reason, there are reports of Warcraft III periodically crashing, especially effecting AMD GPU's. This can happen any time, sometimes causing you to have to hard reset your entire PC.
- The Fix: This solution may work for you! As always ensure you have the latest drivers installed for your GPU. (if you are unsure if you do go here) Then use the AMD Radeon Adrenalin Sowftare (sometimes called wattman) to change your settings to the frequency below:
This should fix any crashes you've experienced, at least until Blizzard Releases an actual fix.
Instant Defeat upon Loading a Campaign Mission
- The Issue: Sometimes upon loading up a mission, you will be faced with an instant defeat and kicked right back to the main menu. No mater how many times you reload a mission you will be defeated and kicked to the menu.
- The Fix: Quitting and relaunching the game should fix this issue. Every time it happens, you will just have to relaunch the game.
Infinite "Connecting to Matchmaking"
- The Issue: When trying to connect to a multiplayer skirmish, you may get stuck infinitely connecting to your opponent, unable to leave the queue or do anything else on the menu.
- The Fix: Quit and relaunch the game. I know I know, but It will work...eventually..but if that isn't worth it to you it might be best for you to avoid matchmaking all together right now.