While you can still purchase tools (and more!) from shops, crafting plays a huge role in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Everything you can craft can be viewed in the DIY Recipes app on your NookPhone. Here's a working DIY Recipes list.
Below are Tools you can make.
- Flimsy Watering = Can Softwood (5)
- Flimsy Axe = Tree branches (5) + Stone (1)
- Flimsy Shovel = Hardwood (5)
Below is the furniture you can make.
- Campfire = Tree Branch (3)
- Signpost = Hardwood (2) + Softwood (3)
- Tiny Library = Wood (5) + Book (3)
- Log Bench = Hardwood (7)
- Wooden Washtub = Softwood (3)
- Oil-barrel Bathtub = Oil barrel (1) + Campfire (1) + Stone (1)
- Birdbath = Stone (4)
- Stone Stool = Stone (3)
Nature Based Accessories
Below are the natured based accessories you can make.
- Coconut Juice = Coconut (1)
- Tulip Crown = Red Tulips (2) + Yellow Tulips (2) + White Tulip (1)
- Leaf = Weed (5)
- Classic Pitcher = Clay (4)
- Flimsy Watering Can = Softwood (5)
- Flimsy Fishing Rod = Tree Branch (5)
- Flimsy Net = Tree Branch (5)
- Vaulting Pole = Softwood (5)
- Frying Pan = Iron Nugget (2)
You can view what items are craftable, based on your inventory, by going over to the "craftable" section within the DIY Recipes app menu.