Okay, so here's a few moments you might wanna hear before starting the game. Or after diying a few times, that could happen.
Starters Tips for Newbies
- There's no mouse support, so aiming done automatic by the game itself. You can help it with WSAD. Basically turn your character the way the enemy you want to shoot is and wait for the yellow angle you pop under that enemy's feet.
- You may notice that you rarely hit the target that are far away or if you spam some of the weapons like rifles. That is because all weapons have "accuracy". And if you press the fire button and hold it for a second or two you will see the little arrow right in front of your character. When two parts of that arrow connects is the moment of maximum accuracy for the shot. Some weapons (like musket) deals significantly more damage at max accuracy.
- You can kick any enemy (except boss?) to bash them a little and deal a few damage points. This might come in handy when you're out of ammo and the enemy is pretty close in range.
- Fireing one gun prevent reloading the second gun. So you must take a breathe between shooting for reloading.
- You can slide to any cover from some distance with "Space" button.
- You can skip any dialogue/monologue of any character in the game by pressing "Esc" button. And pressing it again to return to the game, yes.
- Of course the smoke bomb affects you too!
- Of course the enemy can see you in the dark, but sometimes you can enter the room without everyone noticing you, what gives you some advantage when things would start to look angry.
- Of course the progress didn't save in between runs, so you have to open that "smallheal" every time.