More Nioh 2 Guides:
Kodama are special NPCs in Nioh 2. Find and interact with these small spirits to guide then back to the nearby Shrine, and they will reward you by making Kodama Blessing available for the area. Guiding all of the Kodama can also unlock trophies and achievements.
Kodama in Nioh 2
Kodama occasionally wander away from their shrines and become lost. If you tell these lost Kodama the way back, they will return to their shrine.
Returning a Kodama to a shrine will allow you to gain the Kodama's Blessing in the Shrine Menu and increase the number of elixirs granted by the shrines in that region.
All Kodama Locations in Nioh 2
Finding them and guiding them to the nearby shrine will grant you access to bonuses provided by the Shrines in the area. Kodama will hide and become unresponsive if you attack near them. Wait until they re-emerge from their bowl to interact.
The Village of Cursed Blossoms
- The first Kodama will be at the first shrine you'll find at the starting point.
- Near the patrolling Gozuki, go around it, you'll pass by a cherry blossom tree, then continue going up to the right side where you'll find another dead body that's next to a tree and a Kodama.
- After facing your first Enki Yokai, from where the mist was, go left at the corner of the house where you'll encounter another Gaki blocking the path, kill it, then you'll find another Gaki feeding on a dead body. Loot the body after killing the enemy to obtain a random item, then look to your left and you'll find another lost Kodama.
- When you reach the area with lots of houses and human enemies, just by the wooden bridge, you'll see some stacked up wooden boxes to your left, break the boxes then go around the back of the houses until you reach the very end corner of one of the houses, you'll find another lost Kodama that you can guide back to the shrine.
- The open empty house near the small tombstone where the 2nd dark realm mist is, you'll find another Kodama hiding behind a string of baskets just by the entrance, destroy the objects and you'll find the Kodama behind it.
- After Killing the Yoki which was the 2nd mist, just at the left side corner of the house, there's a large wooden box. Destroy it and you'll find another Kodama ahead.
- Last, you'll find another Kodama that's at the right side corner of the small red torii gate right where you'll encounter three human enemies, an archer, an axe-wielding guy, and a samurai.
The Beast Born of Smoke and Flames
- The first Kodama is behind a house on the east side near the slope leading to a well-structured house.
- The second Kodama is on the rooftop of a house behind some sacks. You can reach the top by using the plank that's connected to the rooftop near the white torii gate leading to the Ippon-Datara.
- The third Kodama can be found at the cave under the shrine where you meet Senji Toyo, it's behind some stacked wooden boxes where a Gaki is also hiding.
- The fourth Kodama can be found underground near the village engulfed with the Dark Realm, there's a barn on the west side of the village near the entrance of the realm where you'll encounter a Dweller for the first time. Climb down the ladder and you'll find the Kodama behind the wooden boxes.
- The fifth Kodama is outside the entrance of the Great Forge, go around the left side corner of the torii gate and you'll find it at the back being guarded by a Gaki.
- The sixth Kodama is on the rooftop of a building, you'll have to climb to the second floor of the Burning Forge where you'll encounter an Enki, then climb the ladder that will take you outside the Great Forge. The Kodama is on the northwestern edge of the rooftop.
- The last Kodama can be found on the third level of the Great Forge. It's behind the pillar near the large chest and pale of water where you encounter a grown Gaki.
The Viper's Sanctum
- From the first Shrine, head straight then make a right. Inside this enclosure will be some boxes, break them to find the first Kodama.
- From the first Shrine, head straight then make a right following this path until you reach the large center house. Don’t enter but continue going around the side of the house to find a Kodama.
- From the second Shrine, follow the left path to the circular center. If players unlocked the shortcut by destroying a fake wall then take that path. Alternatively, players can take the normal route and they will reach the same place. Continue on this path until you see a path to the left that has a puddle. A Kodama will be hidden behind some rocks near the pool.
- The fourth Kodama can be found under a broken bridge at the inner sanctum where you'll see a pool of poison.
- The fifth Kodama can be found inside a cave on the east side where a Nure-Onna is roaming, you'll find the Kodama behind a corpse.
- As for the last Kodama, near the huge red torii gate, you'll encounter a Toxic Slime and another Nure-Onna. You'll find the last Kodama behind the Toxic Slime.
The Hidden Monsters of Okehazama
- The first Kodama can be found inside the cave near the starting point. It's in the second room of the cave where you encounter an Enki.
- From location 1, head back to the room with the group of Gaki then head up the slope on the right into another path where you'll come across another Enki. You'll find the Kodama past the Enki and straight ahead towards a dead-end, behind some wooden crates.
- The third Kodama can be found outside the cave of locations 1 and 2. Head up to the steep path and towards a small forest area where you come across a Nure-Onna. The Kodama can be found behind some grass.
- From the 2nd shrine, head down the nearby slope and inside the cave. Follow the candles that will take you to a large room containing two Nure-Onna and Gaki yokai. After killing the enemies, head towards the red broken torii gate and head towards the path on the left. You'll find the fourth Kodama at the dead-end.
- The fifth Kodama can be found in the Dark Realm where you encounter a One-eyed Oni which is the source of the Dark Realm that's near location 4. After you dispel the field, walk up to the shrine that's on the center and look at the left side, the Kodama is standing in the bushes.
- The sixth Kodama can be found at the corner of a broken house that can be found at the end of a small village that's engulfed with the Dark Realm.
- The last Kodama can be found near the mission's objective. Go around the barricades to your left until you reach a burning tree. The Kodama can be found behind some sacks inside an enclosure that's on the right side.
The Mysterious One Night Castle
- From the first Shrine, head down the path under the bridge, make a left then right up the leave covered hill. At the end of this path will be a Kodama.
- The second Kodama can be found outside the second-floor of the rest house near the second Kodama shrine. It's inside a box.
- The third Kodama can be found on top of a roof. From the second dark realm that's inside the inner section of the fort, head up the balcony of the house where the Enki was and drop down onto the roof from the ledge.
- The fourth Kodama can also be found in the inner section of the fort. From the house, go down and straight towards an enclosure. You'll see two open large chests and come across two Gaki guarding the spot, kill the enemies, and check behind the chest that's on the left side, you'll find the Kodama there.
- For the fifth Kodama, you must close the floodgate first that opens up a shortcut to the 2nd Kodama shrine. After that's done, explore the lower section and climb up the ladder where you'll come out of a locked room inside a house. You'll find the Kodama in the same room.
- The sixth Kodama is positioned on a spot where you need to jump down from high ground. You'll see the Kodama when you encounter a Nure-Onna, Karakasa Umbrella, and Aberrant Soldier by the waterfall. To reach it, you must close the floodgate first, head down into the pit near the first hot spring, there's another ladder nearby that you can climb to come out of the east side of the forest. You'll find the path there to drop down to where the Kodama is.
- From the same location where you saw the second Sudama, head up the slope until you reach the top. Look to your right, and you'll see that you can drop down onto the top part of the large torii gate. You'll see the Kodama on top of the torii gate.
The Hollow Fortress
- From the first shrine, go straight until you reach the end and climb the ladder. On the second level, you'll find another ladder straight ahead, climb to the upper section, cross the wooden bridge and check the right side, you'll find it behind some sacks.
- The second Kodama can be found on a platform below the first dark realm. Ride the elevator first, then about halfway, run towards the dark realm. Go around the wooden planks until you reach the end, you'll see the Kodama below you.
- The third Kodama is on the upper section outside the castle grounds. You'll need to go pass through one level below the very top area of the prison cells and work your way to the upper section by using the stone platforms.
- The fourth Kodama can be found on the watchtower of the gate that leads to the castle. To reach it, you'll have to work your way through a narrow stone path where you'll encounter a couple of Dweller yokai and Snowclops. The path is near the second Kodama shrine.
- The fifth Kodama can be found at a corner on the east side outside the front entrance of the castle.
- For the sixth Kodama, you'll have to recover the Castle Gate Key first. Once you obtained the key, unlock the east gate and go in the side entrance. Destroy the fourth samurai armor that's displayed along the corridor.
A Way Out
- The first Kodama can be found at the starting point. Upon entering the forest, go west where you'll encounter a soldier, armored dog, and archer. Kill and head past the enemies and go up the stairs leading to the cliff where the archer was. From there, jump down from the roof of the house and check the corner where you'll find the Kodama.
- In the area where the spotlight is, you'll find the second Kodama, it's on the west side before reaching the small hut that's straight ahead. You'll find it behind some inclined planks
- When you reach a split path from the small hut after the area where the spotlight is. Go east towards a large hut where you'll encounter more soldiers. You can find the Kodama inside a large pot just outside the hut.
- From the second shrine, head further until you encounter a Biwa-Boku-boku sitting on a branch. Kill it then work your way around the corner and towards its position. Walk up to the edge of the tree branch where a corpse is, then jump down to the branch below you where you'll find the Kodama.
- The fifth Kodama can be found in the 2nd area that has another moving spotlight that's being patrolled by a Mitsume Yazura. Dispel the dark realm first, then you'll notice a One-Eyed Imp yokai that's standing at a corner by the bushes. Kill it then search the spot where it was standing, you'll find the Kodama hiding in the bushes.
- The sixth Kodama can be found under the stairs of the temple's entrance. The path leading the temple can be found from where the fifth Kodama's location.
- From the third kodama shrine, head towards the gate that leads to the boss at the end of the village. There's a house on the right where a Yamanba is and a large chest. Go out the back of the house and you'll find some large pots at the corner, the Kodama is behind the pots.
Corpses and Ice
- From the starting point, go to the courtyard where you'll encounter some soldiers. Go up the incline and go left. Head down the first set of stairs and check the right side corner where you'll see some wooden boxes. The Kodama is hiding behind it.
- The second Kodama can be found outside the white house that's inside the first dark realm near the starting point. Check and break the wheelbarrow that's on the left side to find the Kodama.
- From the second shrine, go up the stairs and climb the ladder outside the building that's on the left. At the top, follow the balcony and you'll find some wooden boxes at the end. The Kodama is hiding behind it.
- From the second shrine, head inside the center building where you encounter Magara Takamoto. Go inside the room that's on the left and check the cabinet shelf next to some small crates that are under the stairs, you'll find the Kodama at the corner of it.
- From the location of the fourth Kodama, go up the stairs and head outside towards the connected building. There's an unaware soldier there that you can grapple from behind. After killing him, check the right-hand side of the building and you'll find the Kodama at the corner of the small set of stairs.
- The sixth Kodama can be found inside the house that's on the left side of the third shrine. It's hiding behind some crates that are on the left corner.
- For the seventh Kodama, cross the bridge from the third shrine and head up the stairs where you'll find the third dark realm. Work your way around the area where you'll find a path that leads up the rooftops. You'll find the Kodama on the rooftop beside the wooden fences on your left.
- After dealing with the third dark realm, go down the incline where you'll encounter three soldiers guarding the path ahead. In the same area where the soldiers were, there's a Nurikabe wall nearby. Kill it or pacify it with a gesture so that you can enter the room behind it where you'll find the hot spring. Enter the room and go up the path near the hot spring, you'll find a ladder at the end. Climb down to the bottom and go around the area, you'll find the Kodama at the end of it.
Bird in a Cage
- Head inside the cave where you encounter the Spider yokai. Head out the cave and go down the courtyard. Go right towards a destroyed house that's burning and go around the back to check the backside of it. There are some planks and debris that you can use to reach the top of it where you'll find the first Kodama.
- When you exit the cave where you encounter the Spider yokai, go straight and go up the path that's on the left where you'll encounter an armored dog and a Yoki at the top of the path that will push a barrel down to try and kill you. After killing the enemies, about midway up the path, there's a destroyed house on the left side. Walk up to it and check the corner, you'll find the second Kodama hiding in the grass.
- For the third Kodama, head inside the cave where you'll first encounter the rat yokai, Tesso and climb the ladder at the end of the path of the cave. You'll find the Kodama at the left side of the ladder. To find the Tesso infested cave, head to the first cave near the starting area where you encounter the Spider yokai and exit to the courtyard. Head up the path where you'll encounter a Yoki and armored dog then past the three soldiers, the entrance is just on the left side where the three soldiers were encountered.
- From the second shrine, go up the incline, climb down the ladder and head to the cave entrance on the left. Go right towards the dirty water and climb up the ladder. There's a corridor that leads to another ladder where you'll find a room that has a roaming Tesso. The Kodama is in the room beside the wooden cave door on the left.
- To find the fifth Kodama, head to the basement of the castle where the Waira was guarding earlier. The entrance is near the cave entrance on the left where you find the fourth Kodama. Go straight and you'll find a corner in between the ladder and stairs. The fifth Kodama is behind some wooden barrels.
- The sixth Kodama is on the second floor of the castle. You must pull the lever of both bridges for it to rotate. Once it's aligned cross the red bridge, then on the purple bridge, you'll see a small room on the left. Go inside and break the crates on the right side, the Kodama is behind it.
- For the last Kodama, you must rotate the purple bridge and align it leading to the tower of the castle. Once that's done, head back down the first floor and go to the room where the large spiders were. Go inside the room on the left where you'll find a rotating panel. You'll see a hole on the wooden floor which you can jump from to head in the secret room that has the hot spring.
- From the second shrine, go left and head towards the flooded path. You'll find the Kodama inside the house at the end of the path.
- From the second shrine, go up the second floor of the large building and check the corner of the balcony. The second Kodama is hiding behind the small boxes.
- Cross the walkway from the large building near the second shrine to get to the rooftops. On the other side, jump down onto where the Nure-Onna and Gaki are and check the left corner of the small building. You'll find the third Kodama by the fence.
- The fourth Kodama can be found behind the house that's near the large building where you first encounter the Ubume yokai. Simply head to the balcony, walk onto the planks towards the rooftop of the house and jump down. Check behind the house and you'll find the Kodama.
- Near the shortcut of the starting point. Go down the slope towards the shack where you'll encounter two soldiers. Kill the enemies then go towards the stack of boats on the left side. You'll find the fifth Kodama hiding behind some crates at the corner.
- The sixth Kodama is found on the west section of the bridge that leads to the courtyard of the pagoda. Head to the west section where you'll encounter a Tesso. Go straight and walk onto the narrow wooden path. You'll find the sixth Kodama behind the tree.
- For the seventh Kodama. From the third shrine, head to the garden that's on the right. There's a temple by the garden and on the right side of it, there's a small shrine. You'll find the Kodama standing next to the small shrine.
- The eight Kodama can be found behind a stone lantern on the right near the walkway leading to the entrance of the pagoda where you fight Saika Magoichi.
- The ninth Kodama is located before reaching the true boss. You must defeat Saika Magoichi first to obtain a key that unlocks the gate near the third shrine. Once you've unlocked it, simply head straight past the Koroka and Gaki, and from the destroyed building, turn right and you check the corner where you'll find some crates. The Kodama is behind it.
The Frenzied Blaze
- In the first section where you encounter the first few enemies inside the first house and by a tree. Go left and check the corner of the house where you'll find a dead-end. There's a Gaki standing at the corner and behind it is the Kodama.
- The second Kodama can be found standing next to the gate on the right side that was being guarded by a Koroka in the first dark realm you encounter.
- The third Kodama can be found near the second shrine. After killing the two dwellers along the path, turn right and go through the flames where you'll encounter an Ubume on the other side. After killing it, climb up the ladder to reach the rooftops
- The fourth Kodama can be found near the second shrine. From the nearby house, from the front entrance, go around the corner of the right, you'll find it at the end of the walkway.
- Check the house on the left side where you encounter Yasuke. Go inside the house and kill the three Yokai in it. Check the right side corner where you'll find the fifth Kodama.
- The sixth Kodama is behind the Nurikabe wall on the right that's inside the opposite house from where you found the fifth Kodama. There's a walkway connecting to both houses on the left side where you found the fifth Kodama.
- The seventh Kodama can be found in the second dark realm. Go around the back of the house that's engulfed with blue flames inside. You'll see a small garden at the end where you'll encounter a Wheelmonk. If you have enough elixir, you can run through the blue flames where you'll find the Kodama on the other side next to the bamboo fences.
- The last Kodama for this mission can be found on the left side corner near the door that leads to the boss.
The Forest Veiled in Darkness
- The first Kodama can be found near the huge tree that has glowing mushrooms around surrounding it. The Kodama is just at the right-side corner of the tree behind a glowing mushroom.
- The second Kodama is hiding behind an open large chest near a house that has another large chest that can be looted.
- The first Kodama can be found behind some boxes at the back of the first house you'll find near the starting area.
- The second Kodama can be located next to some Jizo statues where you encounter the One-eyed Oni before reaching the upper house.
- The third Kodama can be found under the center shrine inside the Dark Realm behind the Aberrant Soldier.
- The first Kodama can be found in the dark realm near the starting point. After killing the Ippon-Datara, cross the small wooden bridge then go left towards the wooden boats. You'll find a Gaki and some wooden boxes, the Kodama is in between them. Kill the Gaki first so you can guide it back.
- The second Kodama can be found in the second dark realm. You'll find it next to an Enki that's looking at it.
- The last Kodama can be found in the second dark realm, it's standing on the edge of a set of planks where you'll find an area filled with Jizo statues and tombstones, as well as a Nure-Onna.
A Hot-blooded Howl
- When you reach the temple from the starting point, go east and exit the small red torii gate where you'll see a patrolling soldier and another that's looting a corpse. You'll find the Kodama behind the stone lantern.
- The second Kodama can be found near the starting point, under the stairs outside the temple on the west side. You can go around it or open the door from the east entrance.
- The third Kodama is inside the cave where you find Maeda Toshiie. Head to the east section of the cave from where you fought the Waira and Aberrant Soldier. Go up the stairs, then turn right, you'll find the Kodama on the left side of the corridor, standing next to some candles.
- The fourth Kodama can be found in the opposite room where you found the third Kodama. Go in the large room that seems to be a dead-end where there are two Dweller. Check the wall that's on the left side for it to reveal itself as Nurikabe. You'll find the Kodama behind it next to some Jizo statutes.
- The last Kodama can be found at the right side behind the red pillar beside the closed door of the marked destination.
The Golden Nation
- From the starting point, head inside the temple and go outside of the courtyard. You'll find the Kodama in the middle hiding in the flowers and grass behind some rocks.
- From the courtyard, climb the ladder that's on the far right side then head left where you'll see a large hole on the wall that leads into a library. You'll instantly see a Yoki on the right side by the corner looking at the Kodama. Kill it so that you can guide it back to the shrine.
- Located on the east side of the temple on a wooden beam. Simply climb up the ladder that's on the far right side of the courtyard then go towards the hole on the wall that's on the right side. Walk onto the beam on the right side, you'll find it at the end of it.