More Nioh 2 Guides:
- How to Activate Yokai Shift.
- All Kodama Locations.
- All Sudama Locations.
- Soul Cores Guide.
- Blacksmith FAQ.
- Combat Guide.
- PS4 Controls.
Scampuss are special NPCs in Nioh 2. These Yokai can be found cowering and hidden, and interacting with them gives a buff to Yokai Force generation.
Scampuss in Nioh 2
A Scampuss is a yokai in the form of a particularly corpulent cat. While it is known to entangle itself in the legs of passerby, making walking a little more difficult, it is hard to say it poses any real threat. In fact, some people claim an encounter with this fleshy feline soothes their weary bodies, among other pleasant effects.
Similar to Scampuss are yokai like Obo and Notsugo, which resemble other animals such as weasels or dogs. It is said that these yokai were once babies or young children who suffered untimely deaths, and thus rub themselves against strangers in search of their mother's warmth.
A Scampuss who is treated with cruelty is quite the sight, as its anger causes it to swell up like a puffer fish. As it remains harmless even in this angered state, there are those who go out of their way to torment the poor yokai, thinking its appearance amusing. One can only hope that these unkind souls will eventually reap what they sow.
All Scampuss Locations in Nioh 2
The Village of Cursed Blossoms
- The Scampuss can be found where you find the last Kodama before heading inside the shrine that has a dark realm. It's resting by the bushes on high-ground where the enemy human archer was.
The Beast Born of Smoke and Flames
- The first Scampuss can be found near the starting point, you'll find it behind the house that's on the west side where you'll see some stairs leading to an open barn.
- The second Scampuss is inside a house where you encounter the first dark realm that's engulfed around the village. The house is near the path of a ladder that you can kick down to open up a shortcut leading the 2nd Kodama shrine.
- The third Scampuss can be found on the first floor of the burning Great Forge, it's just by the entrance on the right side behind some wooden boxes.
The Viper's Sanctum
- You'll find one behind some boxes at the inner sanctum where you'll face a Nure-Onna that's within a mist of the dark realm.
- The 2nd Scampuss can be found inside a cave that's on the east near the broken bridge of the inner sanctum. It's near where the 2nd serpent's statue is.
- The third Scampuss can be found behind some boxes on the right side of the entrance of the Viper's Sanctum which is the main objective of the mission.
The Hidden Monsters of Okehazama
- The first Scampuss can be found behind some baskets where you encounter the 2nd Yamanba outside the first cave.
- The second Scampuss can be found along the path where the hot spring is, it's behind some boxes on the left side.
The Mysterious One Night Castle
- The first Scampuss can be found in the forest near the starting area. Head towards the path where you encounter an Aberrant Soldier.
- The second Scampuss can be found behind a large water bucket at the backside of the house where you encounter the Enki inside the second dark realm of the inner fort.
- You'll find it beside a tree next to the hot spring which is at the exit of the fort.
The Hollow Fortress
- The first Scampuss can be found in the underground prison cells. Ride the lift all the way to the top and make your way to the far west side of the corridors of the prison cells, you'll find the Scampuss at the end that's being guarded by a sword-wielding soldier.
- Found inside an open house within some well-structured houses. From the second Kodama shrine, go around it and you'll find the houses where you'll encounter a Dweller and a Rokurokubi outside the open house.
- Enter the castle from the east gate by unlocking it with the castle gate key. When you enter and find yourself in a corridor, look behind the large shelf that's at the end near the stairs.
A Way Out
- Ahead from the starting point, you'll come across a large tree that has mushrooms on it that's next to a bamboo torch, you'll see a small set of stairs on the right side and you'll find the first Scampuss behind the large stone.
Corpses and Ice
- The first Scampuss can be found inside the second small barn past the broken bridge that's near the starting area.
- At the second shrine, the second Scampuss can be found inside the room that's on the right side of the center building where you face Magara Takamoto.
- The third Scampuss can be found inside the third dark realm across the bridge from the third shrine. Upon entering the dark realm, walk up a bit and you'll see an enclosure on the left where a Gaki is standing. You'll find the Scampuss there as well.
Bird in a Cage
- First Scampuss can be found inside a cave near the second shrine. Before going up the incline, look to your left and you'll find a cave entrance.
- The second Scampuss can be found inside the castle. From the basement, head up the stairs and go inside the room on the left. You'll find it behind some crates.
- For the first Scampuss, from the second shrine, go right towards the broken bridge and walk onto the planks and debris below. You'll find yourself on the outer east side of the large building where you'll see a One-eyed Imp walking. Just go straight and you'll find some crates under the wooden walkway above you, the Scampuss is behind it.
- The second Scampuss can be found on the right side behind some crates. Just turn right from the gate of the pagoda after fighting the spear-wielding shinobi.
The Frenzied Blaze
- Head to the courtyard where you'll see blue flames. After killing the Wheelmonk and Koroka in the area, check the east side of the courtyard and you'll see a house and a yokai mist inside of it. Just outside the house, check the corner and you'll see the Scampuss there.
- The second Scampuss can easily be found around the corner of the section behind the Nurikabe yokai wall. The house where you find the Nurikabe is near the friendly NPC who joins your party.
- You won't miss the third Scampuss. From the area that was engulfed with the second dark realm, it's past the area where you encounter a Koroka after fighting the Ippon-Datara.
A Voice in the Twilight
- You'll find the Scampuss in the middle of the arena, it will assist you in battle until you complete the mission.
- The first Scampuss can be found in the inner section of the house near the shrine which is the mission's main objective. It's on the west corner behind some jars.
- The second Scampuss can be located under the shrine which is the mission's main objective, behind the second Kodama Shrine. It's hiding by the bushes.
An Error in Calculation
- Scampuss can be found at the starting point of the main mission: The Hidden Monsters of Okehazama. Make your way down the steep path where the Karasu Tengu is, or through the cave with the Dark Realm and use the ladder to climb down that spot.
Learning a Lesson
- Found in a dead-end cave at the lower section of the cliffside near the first shrine.
The Brother's Blades
- From the starting point, climb up the ladder and head inside the house. You'll see it at the corner on the left next to some stacked buckets.