More Nioh 2 Guides:
- How to Activate Yokai Shift.
- How to Beat Enenra (Boss Guide).
- How to Beat Yatsu-no-Kami (Boss Guide).
- The Hidden Monsters of Okehazama Walkthrough.
- All Scampuss Locations.
- All Kodama Locations.
- All Sudama Locations.
- Trophy List.
Mezuki is a Boss and Enemy in Nioh 2.
A Mezuki is a demon with the head of a horse. It can be seen in various picture scrolls depicting images of hell, torturing the wicked alongside the bull-headed demon Gozuki. However, its appearances in legend have also placed it outside of its underworld domain. Most notably, it is one of the demons on parade in the famous Hyakki Yagyo ("Night Parade of a Hundred Demons") that is written about in the Uji Shui Monogatari of the early 13th century.
One theory postulates that Mezuki came to be when a large number of humans and horses met their deaths, their grudges and hatred intermingling until finally taking form as the horse-headed demon. After slaughtering victims in droves to rid itself of its lingering resentment, Mezuki finally fell down into hell. It was sentenced by Emma, the judge of the underworld, to work there for as long as it took to make up for the lives it had brutally taken.
- Found in Main Mission: The Village of Cursed Blossoms.
How to Beat Mezuki
Mezuki battlefield is big and open providing a lot of space to dodge his attacks and stay at a safe distance. His attacks are very predictable but they deal a lot of damage, so try to time your dodges and you'll have no problem beating him. You can burst counter his main attacks dealing high ki Damage.
If you are having trouble with his horizontal swipes, you can back two times and wait for him to finish his combo.
If you want to play it really safe, you can stay at a distance and just wait for his charge attack. When he is charging at you, perform a burst counter, deal some damage and retreat. Repeat until you defeat him.
When in the Dark Realm he will be faster and summon more ghosts. He will also obtain a new attack where he slices the ground sending two powerful ranged attacks.
- Charge Attack: He will charge forward dealing high damage.
- Use the burst counter to stop him and deal high Ki Damage. Use to opportunity to strike him back.
- Horizontal Swipes: He will perform three strikes with his weapon.
- You can either run back and wait for the combo to finish or try to dodge each strike. If you manage to dodge the strikes you will have an opportunity to deal some damage.
- Summon Ghosts: He will spawn 3 ghosts from his mouth that slowly move towards the palyer and explode on contact.
- You Can quickly run behind him and use the opportunity to attack. If you are not close, you can run behind him or block the ghosts using your guard.
- Weapon Slam: He will raise his weapon and slam the floor in front of him dealing massive damage.
- You can burst counter this attack but you have to perfectly time the counter. The other option is to run behind him and attack.
- Ranged Attack (Dark Realm): While in the dark realm he can use his weapon to send two consecutive ranged attacks.
- Dodge to either side to avoid the attack.