More DOOM Eternal Guides:
- All Cheat Codes List.
- Complete Achievement Guide.
- Taras Nabad (2nd Secret Encounter).
- Basic Single Player: Movement and Other Tips.
- How to Defeat Marauders (Useful Tips).
- Ultra-Violence Post-Game Guide.
- Battlemode Tips and Hints.
The purpose of this guide is to offer one solution to the constant crashing that you may experience when trying to start the campaign. One of these instances could be when you try to continue your playthrough and halfway through loading the level it will automatically crash and take you back to your desktop. Keep in mind that this is only one solution. Also, the game has only been out for a week and the devs are pushing out patches to fix any bugs overtime.
Guide to Fix Constant Crashing (Step-by-Step)
Verifying Integrity of Game Files
- Go to Library.
- Right-click on Doom Eternal.
- Go to Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on the "Verify Integrity of Game Files" tab.
- Click accept if any notification pops up.
- Now wait, this process will take a few minutes.
- Any files missing will be recovered and downloaded.
- Startup Doom Eternal and check to see if crashes are fixed.
Note: You may or may not get a notification saying that one file was missing and it will recover a 2.7GB file (at least it did in my case)