This comprehensive guide covering all the possible strings/followups and other important tips.
Guide to Play Axe
- Slight > Jump > Nair (Work at all dmgs)
- Slight > Dlight (Works till orange)
- Slight > Sair (Best used as a killoption)
- Dair Dlight (Works till orange) 1 Dodge frame.
- Dair Sair (Works at kill percentage).
- Slight Jump Nair Jump Sair (Works at all damages).
- Nlight CD Slight Nair (Low Damage).
- Nlight CD Dlight Nair/Sair (If you expect them to jump after Nlight).
- Slight Nair Recovery.
Basic Dodge Reads
- Slight Nair READ GC Dlight (Catches Dodge Up and out).
- Slight Nair READ GC Slight Nair (Down dodge read).
- Slight Nair GP (Catches Almost all the dodges + dodgeins) (Useable till 70 dmg).
- Slight Nair READ recovery/ jump Sair (Catches Jumps and dodge Ups).
- Slight Nair GC (Nsig or any other sig that catches Spot dodges).
- Catch their jumps w Dlight.
- Make Sure You dont throw out Random slights because its very punishable.
- Do Not Over Extend Your string.
- Spacing for slight is Important.
- Wake up using Dair or GC Nlight.
- Make sure you dont give them stage control by floating a lot.
Axe Legends Overview
- Barraza (Super good, Good stats, Good sigs) Watch Cody travis to learn Barraza.
- Brynn (Super good, Very good Stats, Good sigs) Watch Zexis Gaming to learn Brynn.
- Jhala (Super good, good stats low defence, good sigs) Watch Pugsy to learn Jhala.
- Azoth (Super good, Very Good stats, Extremely Good Sigs) No specific person but watch remmy, boomie to learn bow.
- Xull (Good, Okayish Stats, Okayish Sigs) Watch sandstorm.
- Volkov (Very good, Meh stats, Very good sigs) Watch sandstorm to mainly learn scythe.
- Teros (Good, Okay Stats, Good sigs) No one specific but watch probrawlhalla on twitch. Most of the people use teros.
- Ulgrim (Good, Okay stats, Good sigs) Watch Cosolix.
- Ragnir (Good, Good stats, Good sigs) Watch STTP Wilson or Wrenchd (To learn katars).
- Rayman (Super good, Super good stats, Very good sigs) Watch sandstorm to learn gauntlets.
- Juggle your opponent with nairs as much as you can.
- Practice Dash Jump Nairs/ Reverse Nairs.
- Slight Nair is your main combo.
- Sair is your best kill option.
- Search for gimps because Dair and Gp on axe is really good.
- Do not overextended.
- Edge guard w Nlight to catch jumps off the ledge. Slight to catch recovery.
- If they are playing floaty, Search for Dairs and punish them.
- Dont let your opponent get to close to you. Use Dlight, Nlight to keep them away.
- If a player is playing you at a point blank range. Dlight is your best option.
- Practice eggdrops (Throw weapon down, Pickup, Dair) Insane for edge guarding.
- Sair off the wall if youre being edge guarded.
- Searching for sair to kill can be difficult sometimes so keep building up damage instead of getting punished for sairs and eventually your dlight, nlight will be able to kill.
- Look for Falling sairs a lot. It has insane force to it.
- Naming a few pro players for specific weapons.
- Katars – wrenchd.
- Lance – Cosolix.
- Axe – Zexis Gaming.
- Orb – Boomie Sandstorm Tiger.
- Gaunts – Sandstorm, Phazon.
- Spear – Stingray, ethan, Crockie.
- Scythe – Sandstorm, Ethan, Atrophius.
- Bow – Remmy Boomie.
- Blasters – Boomie, Cody travis.
- Sword – Noel, Phazon, Ethan, Wrenchd, iMLLama.
- Cannon – Sandstorm.
- Hammer – Lil capped, Kylar alice, Boomie, Simple.
Hopefully I didnt miss out on anything. Axe is a really easy and good weapon to learn.