More Scrap Mechanic Guides:
- Amateur Survival Tips!
- All Recipes Guide (Survival Mode).
- How to Enable Cheats (Survival Mode).
- Where to Find Items / Materials (Survival Mode).
- Transport Guide for Caged Man (Survival Mode).
A quick guide on how to make the game fit your needs by altering the crafting recipes. A good way to balance the game for single players.
How to Make and Change Crafting Recipes
Modifying Craft Recipes
First, navigate to:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Scrap Mechanic\Survival\CraftingRecipes
If you do not have Notepad++, a simple google search should point you into the right direction.
- Open item_names.json and craftbot.json
- In the craftbot.json, you will see the recipes format. You will also noticed that the "itemId" are listed in generated codes. The codes can be deciphered by looking through the item_names.json
- For example. If you look at the two shaded lines, the "itemId" for the code ending in "...3e71" is in fact "blk_wood1". The ingredient list is the code ending in "...3811" which is in fact "blk_scrapwood".
It seems self explanatory but it may just seem that way to me so ask away if you have questions. Be sure to save backups of each file you change.
Extra HP Tip
If you are playing solo a lot and feel like the waves are to much to handle and you just want a bit more HP.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Scrap Mechanic\Survival\Scripts\game
And open SurvivalPlayer.lua. Here you will see a lot of players attributes such as breath, fire damage taken, regen time etc. Always make a backup before changing anything.
Scroll down and you will come across the stats given upon loading your character.
Changing it to like, 300 would make you more tanky against several haybots. Updates and bugfixes will likely reset this back to 100. Same with any updates to crafting recipes. Backups Backups Backups. Be sure to save Backup files!