More Terraria Guides:
- Beginners Guide (Journey's End / Update 1.4).
- How to Access The Easter Egg Two Evils World.
- How to Get Platinum Coins Very Easily.
- How to Obtain the Moon Lords Legs.
- Game Doesn't Launch Fix.
- Mod Recommendations.
- How to Obtain Zenith.
This guide will show changing resolution and going fullscreen can end up crashing the game.
How to Change Resolution
Well, you might think that game is already in fullscreen so why does it crash, well it's not technically fullscreen, game opens in fullscreen borderless and in video setting you can see option called "Go fullscreen" and it crashed the game. Same thing happens when changing resolution.
How to Fix It
Well it's simple:
- Go to documents and find folder called My Games, go to it and there should be folder called Terraria.
- Open config.json file using notepad.
- Press CTRL+F and type "Fullscreen".
- Change from "false" to "true".
- Optionally you can also change "WindowBorderless" to false.
- Save it (obvious one).
- That's it. Game should now open in fullscreen and in settings it'll show "Go windowed" instead of Go fullscreen".
PS. Don't click go windowed it'll crash again, just do same thing but change true to false.