This is an ADD shotgun blast of tips and tricks I learned while playing this wonderful game of dread and dying. These can make a life stretch much much longer.
Hints and Secrets for Players
- Be lucky. Do a good deed, brush your teeth, make your bed, donate to charity, do anything to nudge karma your way to help enemy spawns not be in your way and for you to find good stuff.
- Be a ninja. The city is not your friend, the only friend you have is the darkness. Embrace it and make it your ally. This means your flashlight is your enemy. Every time you turn on your flashlight, you become a nightlight for murderous bugs and you are no bug zapper.
- Be a ninja 2.0. Stick to short controlled movements, Widows have the hearing of owls and can find you in the dark. Pump your genome points into quieter footsteps and get the augment that lowers sprinting sound to the same as walking sound. Get the item that makes you quieter. Avoid the armor that makes you louder.
- Ark medical is your home. No where else in Eden exists where the access to the main power, a power breaker, 3 different shopping stations, and a recycle station are within easy reach.
- Oasis just outside Arcadia is your farm and home. Find a corner near that double door under some nice sunlight, and set up base. Farm your food, your money crops, your power for batteries.
- Come here my little squishy... You are the squishy... Embrace your squishyness. Which means you don't fight groups, you don't start fights, you let the robots do your dirty work. You are a squishy scavenger bird that flies away at the first sign of danger. The sooner you embrace this, the longer you will live.
- You will be my squishy... Cable, Thermal paste, heat sinks, offensive modules are the keys to upgraded gear. If you find it for free, all the better. But there are two weapons that when fully upgraded will melt most enemies at a long distance and keep enemies at a longer distance. Special variants of the surgical laser and the warden's fist. Both fit on you at the same time and flow nicely if you ever need to single out an enemy.
- Roombas... those zippy little blue pucks are little gold mines. Lucky for you, they go down stairs fine, but get stuck going up; So they get stuck in lower areas. Stomp on them and claim amazing prizes. But don't forget to be aware of your surroundings. These little robotic fireflies will not clean up the mess you make when you chase one right into a split-jawed red armed roaring beast.
- I am the night? No... closest you can be... is a cat. Be the most active at dawn and dusk. Sleep before the stalkers can show up, unless your oasis base is set up properly with a firing squad of turrets and appropriate equipment.
- I am Batman? No... closest you can be... is a bat. Use your resource ping as sonar, enemies don't reflect back as the wave travels. If you have been a thrifty ninja veggie/fruit farmer, you can build and upgrade a sonar attachment for your gear. Hear that roaring or heavy breathing? One quick ping can show you if that was coming from above, below, around that corner, or in the next room ahead.
- Make a noise, punch a wall, jump, kick a glowing blue roomba. Then sneak away while everything comes wandering over to the spot you just made some noise at. With any luck, the seeker you did it near will make some new frenemies.
- Focus on improving one district at a time. Having a district not run out of power is a blessing when you are about do deliver some fresh loot/veggies/fruits to get money to buy that last weapon upgrade for your laser.
- Afraid enemies will see you when you fully patched up a district and go full power? Don't forget this... you have way better eyesight than them and can choose alternate routes.